cold miss

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
ever since i got my new exhaust i have notices what sounds like a miss at idle when cold. there is a distinct **** **** **** at the tailpipe sounds just like a dead cylinder until i get a reading on the temp gauge. i dont think it's related to the MBRP other than the fact that i can now hear it without the muffler and cat in the way.

once it warms up it sounds fine. EBPV is unplugged. 8 new GPs. power is low with a cold engine as well, until now i just figured the computer was limiting power but now i'm not sure.

any ideas?

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to do a buzz test or a CCT.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
buzz test will test the solenoids on the injectors to insure that each injector has a functioning solenoid, a CCT is a Cylinder Contribution Test............

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I had what you're describing right after I bought mine. I had two injectors that were dead until the motor warmed up. Tbirdfiend did a buzz test for me & that was the result. I had others that were only operating @ 50% until warm too.

I don't know if CCT is the same thing but along with a buzz test they can do an isolation test to see which injectors are doing what.

If you get a tapping on start up when cold, get it looked at before you go down the road I've been down:puke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitsu tractor

Members online