Clutch issues

DezlWezl

F'in broke
Reaction score
King(Soon to be god) Willie Herenton's Kingdom of
A friend of a friend has asked that I check around about an issue he has with his manual tranny clutch in his 5.9L dodge. Are these clutches engaged/disengaged hydraulically? As he approaches a stop light, he disengages the clutch normally. When he lets off, the travel to engagement is very short, and it seems to lose "pressure" to push the pedal again. Any idea what is going on? Is there a cylinder going out?

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
My '96 2500 had a hydraulic clutch. Servo-assist or whatever you want to call it. Blew the clutch up and the service dept. somehow screwed up the servo doing the R&R on the clutch. Little darn things are expensive too.

They ate the servo cost (500 bucks or so) and billed me the usual for the clutch job. was around 1200 bucks I think. dont remember for sure.

MLee

Reaction score
The dealer calls it, Hydraulic clutch servo system. And the dealer can charge what ever they want to. Had to buy one when on vacation in Florida. Jacksonville dealer gave me a Quote, and the dealer I bought from was in St-Augustine, was $20.00 more. It came from Orlando. (only one in the area) This is where I was broke down, in a KOA paying premo for the campground, but was gracious enough to let me repair it there, of which I appreciated greatly. It is a sealed system and just bolts in. Takes a few days to operate properly, to get the air out.
The parts houses have a slave cylinder replacement available, but no one can tell you how to bleed it, or attach it, It has to be ordered in.
Marv.