Clutch issues....

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I haven't removed anything yet. Where is the sheet metal inspection cover to remove n see where to grease even? I doubt I'll get time to even look at this deal till next weekend now, it's been rainy n lousy all weekend here......

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
I haven't removed anything yet. Where is the sheet metal inspection cover to remove n see where to grease even? I doubt I'll get time to even look at this deal till next weekend now, it's been rainy n lousy all weekend here......

Here's a pic I took, when I installed my ZF. The inspection cover is the shiny black part, with the two bolts.....

You must be registered for see images attach

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Here's a pic I took, when I installed my ZF. The inspection cover is the shiny black part, with the two bolts.....

Except there are 4 bolts on that cover. The last one you cant see but it's up over the starter.. With any luck at all, the last person in there didn't have air tools and they left that bolt out.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Except there are 4 bolts on that cover. The last one you cant see but it's up over the starter.. With any luck at all, the last person in there didn't have air tools and they left that bolt out.

I should have mentioned that, but I was only trying to describe what she was to look for...

Redneck

Canadian
Reaction score
pm'd you this but I'll post here too.

Before you buy parts, try re-splining your clutch linkage under the dash, I had exactly the same issue you describe and fixed it last night in about half an hour by re-splining the arm that connects to the clutch master cylinder pushrod onto the connecting rod from the clutch pedal arm.

I hope that makes sense, I'm waitin to get my good computer back to do a write up on how to do it for the FAQ, that'll include pictures.

all you need for tools to do it is a 19mm socket for the bolts on the end of the connectin rod, and a pryin stick of some kind, or if you're really hoity toity, you can use a puller to pop the arm off the connecting rod.

groove

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but...
Had really high clutch pedal effort and it was getting to the point of doing something about it. Pulled the slave cylinder, removed the fork and greased the throw out bearing shaft and pivot point. WOW, my clutch effort is like a Honda Civic now. This is going to be part of my oil change maintanence from here on in. Cheers all.

zpd307

Reaction score
yeah, with all i have read about this. i was surprised at how easy a good condition system is. i lubed everything before i put it in.