Cleaning headlights

RGMS4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this has been talked about many, many times but here is what I did: I had bought some plastic cleaner for my ATV from the dealer. I thought what the heck, can't make them any worse.
I sprayed cleaner on lights and let sit for a few min. and wiped off. It took six times before the rag was clean. It did a good job. Then I used polishing compound three times then plastic wax.Man did that help. Really cleaned them up.:D

Randy

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
New ones work too :D

If you're like me though, the junk was on the inside, not the outside, so i couldn't clean em.

RGMS4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have gunk on the inside to. But this did make um better. I am going to buy new some day.;)

Randy

ISurvivedNMU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, try putting rainx on the outside of them... It helps keep everything from sticking, also keeps dirt and water off them in the rain/snow...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with one of our Windstar headlights. It's on the inside. :mad:

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Ya, mine are all milky. I've tried cleaning the outside, but they're all cruddy on the inside also. I think I'm gonna get a set like Luckylarue had (sorry Jim I'm sure they're broken now). I really like the crystal clear looks of them.

Tristan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The good old Mothers aluminum and mag wheel polish works good too. At least if the outside is the problem... Cleaned mine up nice anyway. Btw nice to see you guys over here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online