CL van cheap

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of all the seats in the world to replace the drivers seat with. I dont think that one would have been my first choice.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Not a bad price for a swap meet van... I wonder if this was chester selling off evidence or something....:dunno

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I laughed at the seat as well. Maybe so gary lots of thives around here latly its getting really bad my friend had his enclosed trailer an quads stolen total of 10,000 grand an the people who stole it were driving a brand new truck.

ah1988ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like vans they have alot of coverd cargo room they are great camping machines ,thats a really good price makes me wonder whats the catch, working on them is well.... is something else lol.
Love the wiring under the dash and the seat lol, could be easily fixed. See the rust along the gutter..... MAKE sure you check for leaks when buying a van.
Ours has started a leak and it has been a b*** to track down, but ours is a club wagon so that make it just a little more difficut with panel and
celing removal to see bare panels.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
About what I paid for mine.... of course, that was before I had a clue. Bad head gasket and two washed cylinders. Hopefully this one's doing better. :dunno

Actually didn't know that diesels came as non-full-float 250s. News to me.

When I got mine, it had what the PO called RangeRover seats in it. Green, leather, sitting low. Lucky for me, he still had the stockers, which I quickly reinstalled. I do need to CraigsList the RangeRover seats, even though they say "BMW 320" on the undersides in paintpen LOL..... PO also showed his welding skills by adapting floor mountings to the seat... not pretty. :mad:

Wondering about the "Sesquicentennial" (Read: 1999) plates. May have come from rustier climate. Right rear bumper tweaked and bumperwell mashed. Common. Right rear door a bit twisted.

Hood and below-grill panel not fitting well. Actually like the carpet on the doghouse cover. OK, I'll stop now....... :yell:

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth. My 85 van was leaking from 3 places along the roof gutters. But that's because it use to have a heavy ladder rack on it before (plumbing van) and the gutters are rotting or plain broken off at one place.

Silicone does the trick :D

To bad that's not an old body style, I don't really like those. But it's the same as mine, full panel all around, extended and the base model.

Gotta admit, even my low back rest vinyl seats are better than that one!

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
To bad that's not an old body style, I don't really like those. But it's the same as mine, full panel all around, extended and the base model.

Hiya, Jon. How's your rig running after that head gasket job? Anyway, I've spent way too much time in both body styles and prefer the newer. That all-panel look is pretty cool AND pretty rare. I could convert mine with the right doors, but, instead, I'm changing my almost-untinted glass to the factory privacy tint glass used in the newest models. Hate the funky ring-border on aftermarket tinting. (still hoping to find a clean way to delete that window behind the drivers' door. PO, of course)

Well, Devon, I don't know if Quigley did conversions back in the IDI era. I'd have to get used to having the whole rig sit even higher than mine does already!

Last edited:

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
It's been running GREAT! And my oil level hasn't even moved at all yet, about 600 miles done already in the past week and a half. Use to leak 2 quarts every 600 miles.

Also the new pump is awesome! Totally different van in terms of power, and the engine is so much louder and clattery now, witch is how it's suppose to be.

Just fueled up a few nights ago and recorded 16.5mpg with some car towing. Not bad for a 7 foot tall 7000lbs van with the C6 and 4.10's :D

And yes I do agree, full panel vans are very hard to find in any years, but especially in the older body style, simply because most of 'em were all company vans, abused, neglected, rotted out and scraped now.

I'm definitely hanging on to mine!

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Yeah, mine runs like a whole different vehicle, too. Except for a slight miss at idle (?!!), she's running great. Hopefully just some carbon gumming up an injector. :confused:

Some have suggested I run 'er hard to get carbon out.... maybe I should check for leaks and loose bolts first? (about 400 miles) LOL

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I had my heads all cleaned out, they had alot of carbon on 'em to and a miss on idle with the old IP.

Now it runs smooth as butter, you can put your hand on the engine while it's runnin and not even feel a vibration.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin