Check out this hitch setup!!!!!!!!!!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Babe a whole lot better than the hitch.

You still have to backup straight to the hitch.

She hooked up the safety chains wrong, they always should be crossed over. They form a cradle if it should become unhooked, keeps the tongue from digging into the blacktop.

She didn't hookup the breakaway cable either. Sets the trailer brakes fully on if the trailer breaks away.

Whatever she has on the rear of that truck, looks like a loading tailgate, it's gonna take two people to hookup, or alot of jumping in and out of the truck.

I have two magnetic base-extendable with tennis size balls on top. Put one just ahead of the hitch ball, and the other on the front of the tongue, when the two meet, your over the ball. Just drop it on.

Last edited:

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, learn how to hook to a trailer. After a few times with someone to guide you'll learn how to back in there. There's other way way simpler cheaper camera or other systems to help hook too.

Saw a lady in town driving a new chevy with a new 25' or so flatbed trailer attached, I was impresssed that a woman was driving a trailer of that size in a downtown area. Then she tried to go down an alley to the left in front of me. Didn't swing wide at all, heck I would have swung wider with that truck without a trailer attached. So after 10 minutes of her see sawing back and forth with me trying to instruct her (she did not follow instructions, even though she asked for help) and stopping traffic she was on her way.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I know this may be a popular opinion, but I personally think that you should have to go through some kind of class and/or have some type of "endorcement" to be able to pull a trailer. You have to to be able to ride a motorcycle or drive a large vehicle. I saw a small flatbed trailer being towed by a small SUV. It was uphill, the light connector and the chains were wrapped around the tongue, and I don't think the latch was completely closed on the coupler. The lights should be connected and WORKING and the chains should be connected to a proper location and all cargo should be tied down properly. I have seen to many scarry things out there.... and way overloaded. On one trip home Trav and I were passed by a Dodge Caravan that had a large Weight dist./ anti sway hitch on it. The trailer was not connected.... thankfully. I woudl have to think what he was trying to pull.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Or you could learn to do it. I can back up to any of my trailers and not get out of the cab. If you can't line up to a trailer, I would feel better if you didn't pull a trailer. LOL

I can't line 'em up all the time or even sometimes. Every once in a great while I get lucky.

I haven't seen nor met anyone that can do it on a constant basis either in my years of roaming around campgrounds, boat ramps and farms... That is why there are back up cameras, hitching mirrors, back up cameras and such.

Now for the electric hitch thing - way cool... Wished I would have had something like that when I was doing the TT thing would have made my life a lot easier. I do however wonder... the guy spends the money on the electric hitching system but still uses a manual crank jack - eeewwww... I tossed my manual ******** the TT in favor for a push button operation and wished I had done it much sooner...

Now as for pulling with the safety chains wrapped around the tongue along with the lights... GUILTY!!! Done it many many times... Trailer pulls just fine without the lights hooked up - it doesn't care.... Did it quite a bit with the wave runner trailer behind the TT... :D:angel:

magusjinx

Reaction score
Speaking of people learning to back up ... Did a stint as security for a membership only campground ... Met a few new retirees that drove beemers all their life, now they are trying to drive a non-commercial semi with a 42 foot, triple slide-out trailer behind ... Either that or a 45 foot motor coach with the beemer in an enclosed trailer ...

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Speaking of people learning to back up ... Did a stint as security for a membership only campground ... Met a few new retirees that drove beemers all their life, now they are trying to drive a non-commercial semi with a 42 foot, triple slide-out trailer behind ... Either that or a 45 foot motor coach with the beemer in an enclosed trailer ...

Yup...been there! At 14 and 15 years old, I have had to back trailers onto sites because the owners couldn't back up to save their lives. Sometimes, there was even problems going forwards in a wide open field LOL

rckslash2010

Reaction score
It takes to fricken long.

O.k allright o.k o.k allright o.k o.k She was driving me nuts too. It's so easy, a women can do it.LOL

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the whole point of the video was to emphasize that "It's so easy, even a woman can do it."
I've hooked to more than a few trailers, and I still need to take a couple tries from time to time. Especially when I'm in a truck I haven't driven before and hooking up to a trailer I've never used.
Today, I drove a small dumptruck (F650) while pulling a 25 foot trailer with a Chevy 3500 flatbed on it whose tranny had crapped out. I had to back the trailer in between the mechanic's shop and another building. I got about halfway into the space between the buildings and I heard a loud noise and felt like I'd hit something. Turned out to be a storm drain that was recessed in the pavement that my trailer tire had rolled into.
Even with someone guiding me back, I couldn't see very well and it was somewhat nervewracking.

monkeyboi

Reaction score
Why bother with classes or qualifications on trailer towing? You can get all you need on the internet. Besides, if people knew what was proper and safe, my son wouldn't get to ask what "tail wagging the dog" means when we're travelling. Ahhh, teachable moments with your six-year-old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMrYUloMcA

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
well In my opinion IF YOU CAN'T PUSH IT BACKWARDS YOU SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO DRAG IT FORWARDS. Sorry if i offend anyone but I have a class 1 and if i needed to go to learn i feel everyone should have too if they want to pull a trailer right now in B.C and Alberta, Canada you can pull a trailer of any gvw privately behing you vehicle if it is correctly equipped yet to pull the same exact same equipment with the same tow vehicle commercially you need an endorsement so it's mainly a money grab here it shpild be for all or none.