Check out my Rear End!

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
Nice find Darrin ;Sweet....you are really gonna like the fuel mileage...but even with that Kumminz....you are gonna miss those 4.10's...

I have been reading up on the Stooper Doopy diff covers and after seeing your rear end...I want one too :D....
{just to keep this thread "slightly" derailed towards the gutter} LOL

BTW...don't the D60 and 10.25 Sterling use the same cover :dunno....might need to get one for the front too!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
You guys are just sick, sick sick. I guess I've never seen that side of ya Darrin.:rotflmao

Well the diff cover looks great!;Sweet

sassyrel

Reaction score
Nice find Darrin ;Sweet....you are really gonna like the fuel mileage...but even with that Kumminz....you are gonna miss those 4.10's...

I have been reading up on the Stooper Doopy diff covers and after seeing your rear end...I want one too :D....
{just to keep this thread "slightly" derailed towards the gutter} LOL

BTW...don't the D60 and 10.25 Sterling use the same cover :dunno....might need to get one for the front too!

dont believe they are the same, George---

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't "sand" the ribs. Just take some laquer thinner and wipe the paint off as soon as you hit it. That's what I did to mine over 20 years ago, and it has held up fine.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Straight to the Sewer indeed, but KUDOS to you who brought it right back out! ;Sweet :rotflmao

Darrin, did you ever sell the other 4.10 limited slip you had? I'd like to get a limited slip under my truck...just have to see what the lawyer leaves in my account this time around!

Yes I did sell it, however once I get this new rear end installed I will be selling 4:10LS that is currently in my truck. Probably a week or so and it will be available. I'll let you know.

Nifty setup. I've been wanting one of those things but theres not enough clearance for one of those high dollar covers on my truck.
Silverstatefordparts.com has those things for $45

They are available on E-bay for about $55 plus $14 for shipping but it is stated that it is not for the 10.25,. just the 10.50. but he is wrong. $45.00 is a good price.

I ve got that Western Hauler bed on that thing. The rear spare tire compartment comes up pretty close to the diff.

I am betting that this one would fit. If you want I can get you the measurements and let you know how much more it sticks out compared to the stock one. Let me know!

Nice find Darrin ....you are really gonna like the fuel mileage...but even with that Kumminz....you are gonna miss those 4.10's...

I have been wondering about that Geo, My thinking is that with the 3:55's I will be utilizing more of the monster Torque of the Cummins for a longer period of time during the acceleration, instead of revving quickly through the powerband and then shifting while shifting through the gears. It MAY be a quicker truck with the 3.55's. but I could be all wrong about that. Either way I do know that it will be a happy truck down the highway!

I have been reading up on the Stooper Doopy diff covers and after seeing your rear end...I want one too ....
{just to keep this thread "slightly" derailed towards the gutter}

Well said..LOL

BTW...don't the D60 and 10.25 Sterling use the same cover ....might need to get one for the front too!

This has been answered but they are different, I ordered a used one for a Dana 60 that is aluminum ribbed off Craigslist, I should be getting that in the next day or so.

BTW,..When the front gets done It is getting a Detroit Locker! I found one off of CL a couple of weeks ago for a DANA 60. It was $75.00 couldn't pass it up!

Later,..

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Installed!;Sweet

I painted it and wiped off the ribs with a lil WD-40 on a rag. I bought some Stainless Steel bolt and washers, filled it up with some Synthetic Gear lube with the Locker Additive. Also installed a new front pinion seal.

The brakes are real good on this rear end so I will leave that alone but will take the drums off my truck as they are new and rust free. I'll paint them up and install them when I do the swap.

Here are some pics,...

Attachments

• IMG_1662.jpg
    IMG_1662.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1663.JPG
    IMG_1663.JPG
    957 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1664.jpg
    IMG_1664.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 12

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been wondering about that Geo, My thinking is that with the 3:55's I will be utilizing more of the monster Torque of the Cummins for a longer period of time during the acceleration, instead of revving quickly through the powerband and then shifting while shifting through the gears. It MAY be a quicker truck with the 3.55's. but I could be all wrong about that. Either way I do know that it will be a happy truck down the highway!
darrin-
stock is 3.42 for dodge with OD. 3.55 is not that far apart.
it will pull like a bear.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Yup, as sated above, I have a Detroit Locker to go in front, and I already have the gears. I have to take the truck to a guys shop and he is going to swap the gears for me. Probably will be a few weeks till that happens.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
darrin-
stock is 3.42 for dodge with OD. 3.55 is not that far apart.
it will pull like a bear.

In my best Johnny Carson ......"I did not know that" :D

I thought AAM axles were in par with Ford :dunno

BTW...looks KILLER Darrin :cheers:

....makes me wanna do mine :D

hay Darrin...now would be a good time for some discs on that rear ;Sweet