Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well from the instructions that could be quite a useful little pyro. I can imaging setting up a ****/water injector to cool the intake/exhaust down at a preset temperature. Just a thought....one could add another controller for auxiliary electric fans etc....something like this would be open to many possibilities.

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is the working temp range of the included thermocouple? Will it work for a pyro? Is it long enough? Or do you have to get a different one to make it work?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
normaly I am too...but the deal and the accuracy made me get it...;Sweet

The accuracy may be great and all, but those darn digital things you have to stop and read them every time, and that blinky-blinky gets old quick. It adds to driver fatigue. With a regular gauge all you have to do is glance at it to see if the needle is about where it should be and the only time it bears more attention is when it's up near the limits

Joe Mc

Reaction score
Ford428CJ,
Every thermocouple I have seen on a truck is electric. Or do you mean analog verses digital?

Wanderer-rrorc,
Where did you get the power to run this in your truck?
The ebay listing says 85 volt minimum.

Using a type E or a type J thermocouple would give better accuracy than the type K thermocouple. The type K is what my wife uses in her glass kiln with temps up to 1900 F.

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what is the working temp range of the included thermocouple? Will it work for a pyro? Is it long enough? Or do you have to get a different one to make it work?

0-1400 the "K" is correct per their list for EGT...6ft long..

The accuracy may be great and all, but those darn digital things you have to stop and read them every time, and that blinky-blinky gets old quick. It adds to driver fatigue. With a regular gauge all you have to do is glance at it to see if the needle is about where it should be and the only time it bears more attention is when it's up near the limits

mines not that distracting..its next to the radio in the van so I dont see it till I look right at it...when its 900 it turns the little blue light on...to let you know its 900...(I think you can change the setpoint but havent tried yet)

So you have one of these hooked up on your rig?

R. J.

yep..(the 12volt one...)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Ford428CJ,
Every thermocouple I have seen on a truck is electric. Or do you mean analog verses digital?

Wanderer-rrorc,
Where did you get the power to run this in your truck?
The ebay listing says 85 volt minimum.

Using a type E or a type J thermocouple would give better accuracy than the type K thermocouple. The type K is what my wife uses in her glass kiln with temps up to 1900 F.

I was under the impression that there were some that used the ether bulb..:dunno

dam...didnt catch that...it IS the wrong unit...:eek: :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DIGITAL-EGT-THE...50974QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

that ones the 12volt...

but wait...this one is CHEAPER direct without e-bay!!..

http://auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=19

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What tap did you use to put the thermocouple in your manifold? Thanks for the heads up, I actually bought two of them.

jimraelee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I like analog... on an analog you can see by the swing of the needle if your in the range ( middle of guage) or high or low .... when I had digital, I have to remember what is acceptable range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance