anyone ever use one of these pyrometers?

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Digital gauges may look nifty, but for long drives, especially when pulling in the mountains, they are seriously fatiguing .You have to constantly read the blamed things to know where you are, you can't count on warning buzzers, you don't want to let the darn thing get that hot all the time, the goal is to keep it lower and that requires monitoring the gauge and if it's digital, that means having to focus on it and read the blamed thing, then look back to the road and re focus on that, etc, .

to be honest i feel the same way i much prefer analog but the price and the green readout really got my attention my other option is a glowshift 7 color whiteface

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score
LOL You guys are overlooking the obvious- David IS young. Young eyes much more easily refocus than our old eyes... I'v noticed the same thing, a lag time in focusing between far & near, especially later in the day after a full day's worth of eye strain.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
Eh idk I'm 24 and I still dislike digitals for that reason I have decided to get the glowshift white face 7 color 1400 degree gauge maybe ill use this for a more stable temp reading of something else like intake temp could that work with a diffrent probe? Sorry for any typos I'm on my phone

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I was only in my 20s the first time I drove one with a rack of digital gauges and first trip I had to run through a blizzard on the way back through North Dakota and Montana and Idaho and I was ready to rip my eyeballs out after having to fuss with those things, especially while climbing through the passes. I haven't used a digital gauge in at least a decade or so but I'd be willing to bet i couldn't even read the things now, but I never had an eyestrain monitoring my old Kenworth with all 22 of it's analog gauges, and that engine in that thing was a 1693TA Cat turned up hotter than a firecracker so I had to watch that thing like a hawk ( thing even had multiple temperature and oil pressure gauges in different locations in teh engine so I could tell exactly what was going on inside) sucker would shoot flames out the stack climbing a hill loaded :eek::D:love:

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was only in my 20s the first time I drove one with a rack of digital gauges and first trip I had to run through a blizzard on the way back through North Dakota and Montana and Idaho and I was ready to rip my eyeballs out after having to fuss with those things, especially while climbing through the passes. I haven't used a digital gauge in at least a decade or so but I'd be willing to bet i couldn't even read the things now, but I never had an eyestrain monitoring my old Kenworth with all 22 of it's analog gauges, and that engine in that thing was a 1693TA Cat turned up hotter than a firecracker so I had to watch that thing like a hawk ( thing even had multiple temperature and oil pressure gauges in different locations in teh engine so I could tell exactly what was going on inside) sucker would shoot flames out the stack climbing a hill loaded :eek::D:love:

Sweet!!

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I can see perfect, but i cant hear to great, and i have the annoying "crickets" when im somewere quite:mad:

My girlfriend is exact opposite, she can hear perfect, but if she dont have glasses or contacts she can look at me and not knoe who i am,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online