anyone ever use one of these pyrometers?

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
i thought that one i posted did warning alerts to maybe not i was looking at 3 of the same just different colors i want to stick with all green lighting these seem decent but no info on manufacturer or anything

pybyr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have one on my truck, but I have a similar readout/ control unit from the exact same company, with the thermocouple probe in the flue exhaust of my wood gasification boiler that heats my house. It gives me great insight into how the combustion is going, and then cuts the power to the boiler once the flue temp drops as the fire is going out. It works like a charm for that. Based on my experience, this company's products seem well designed and well made. They also have pressure transponders that could let you measure boost or fuel pressure. Wonder if you could use one readout module and have switches for the different sensors?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
We use those in some molds we build at work for non destructive testing. They seem to work great and I'd say they are just as accurate as any other thermocouple pyrometer.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like that would work for all the temp. indications, Oil, Tranny, EGT, Coolant and whatever you would want. Just would have to switch between each pyro. Thing is the type K pyros cost almost as much as this unit. That 90* on the pyro might present a problem being 6" long, bending it might ruin it. I would get one but it ****** me off on the shipping charge. Throw it in a $4.95 USPS Priority box and ship it.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Digital gauges may look nifty, but for long drives, especially when pulling in the mountains, they are seriously fatiguing .You have to constantly read the blamed things to know where you are, you can't count on warning buzzers, you don't want to let the darn thing get that hot all the time, the goal is to keep it lower and that requires monitoring the gauge and if it's digital, that means having to focus on it and read the blamed thing, then look back to the road and re focus on that, etc, lather rinse repeat . If you have a standard gauge you can set all your gauges to where all the needles are pointing straight up when they are where they are supposed to be and you can just glance down and back up again and you only need to pay attention when a needle has gone overcenter. Trust me on this one, my 72 Kenworth had 22 gauges in it. Keeping up with that thing was interesting ( anytime someone went to drive that thing, I had to have them memorize a picture of teh dash layout before I could let them near teh thing LOL.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Digital gauges may look nifty, but for long drives, especially when pulling in the mountains, they are seriously fatiguing .You have to constantly read the blamed things to know where you are, you can't count on warning buzzers, you don't want to let the darn thing get that hot all the time, the goal is to keep it lower and that requires monitoring the gauge and if it's digital, that means having to focus on it and read the blamed thing, then look back to the road and re focus on that, etc, lather rinse repeat.

X2

I just drove 1000 miles from SW Washington to Caliente, NV and having to constantly monitor my analog pyro got old fast. I'd have gone nuts if I had to monitor a digital gauge.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
What would be bad about digital? it tells you the exact numbers? whats so hard about aeeing 1200 degrees in digital instead of analog:dunno if anything its easier

pafixitman

Reaction score
Hmmm he is right down (in Atlanta traffic that means 30 minutes) the road from me. For grins and giggles I may have to add digital gauges to my truck now! Their web site does not say anything about a brick and mortar store front though.

On edit...residential address, explains the ebay / online sales only.

Last edited:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i got the edge CTS on my dmax. i love the digital gauges. it also has the preset warnings but also has analog gauge with it. as seen here, my engine temps were 192, trans temp is 134, Pyro is 1154, boost is 23 lbs and intake temp into the motor is 41. cant tell in the pic but the top end of the analog part has a red area for where my warnings start.

sorry for the blurry picture. 75 mph towing a trailer with my ford on it uphill. lol

You must be registered for see images attach

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
What would be bad about digital? it tells you the exact numbers? whats so hard about aeeing 1200 degrees in digital instead of analog:dunno if anything its easier

I've been stuck in a few semi trucks that had digital gauges in them and after a few coast to coast runs you just quit looking at the blamed things they fatigue your eyes so dang bad. It doesn't matter that it tells you exactly what the reading is, the fact is,your eyes are focused a couple of hundred feet down the road, many times in adverse visibility and then you glance down and have to instantly re focus in teh cab and try to read those dang things. News flash, your eyes don't refocus on numbers well enough to read them that quickly, especially when you've been straining to see through fog or snow and you end up keeping your eyes off the road for a dangerous length of time trying to get that LED blurr to stop long enough to figure out what the blamed thing says.
With needles it's s simple matter of knowing roughly where they need to be pointing and no further study needed unless the needle is obviously gone out of range. I can scan a whole dash full of analog gauges in teh time it takes to focus on one stinking digital

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I've been stuck in a few semi trucks that had digital gauges in them and after a few coast to coast runs you just quit looking at the blamed things they fatigue your eyes so dang bad. It doesn't matter that it tells you exactly what the reading is, the fact is,your eyes are focused a couple of hundred feet down the road, many times in adverse visibility and then you glance down and have to instantly re focus in teh cab and try to read those dang things. News flash, your eyes don't refocus on numbers well enough to read them that quickly, especially when you've been straining to see through fog or snow and you end up keeping your eyes off the road for a dangerous length of time trying to get that LED blurr to stop long enough to figure out what the blamed thing says.
With needles it's s simple matter of knowing roughly where they need to be pointing and no further study needed unless the needle is obviously gone out of range. I can scan a whole dash full of analog gauges in teh time it takes to focus on one stinking digital

I completely agree, with analog you dont have to read a number just see its position and once you learn them its a real quick easy glance. digital is nice in that it give you a nice accurate readout but then you have to read the numbers and when you get into having a bank of numbers to read forget it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online