Has Anyone heard of this?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That thing is beauty! (if it is any good)

I suggest you try it and let us know. :sly

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
I was thinking bout it, but then I noticed there was another version of the Thermocouple, they call it the "Fast-Response" probe. which one should I get?

tractorman86

Reaction score
there was someone here that tried one of those quite a while ago, i just can't remember who it was. try a search but i would bet there are way too many threads on pyros to find it, maybe they will answer back

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
just make sure you mount it close enough to read. worth a shot if you like digital, that thread is the only other thread i know of related.

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
If and When I find another job Im gonna order one. Anyone need a Welder/Fabricator with experience AL and SST?

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an Autometer Digital Pyrometer in my old truck (90 F250) and I love it, I got used to the digital pyrometer (EDGE Juice with Attitude Display) in my 04 SD and I didn't like the analog in my old truck when I put it in there. The Digital one is nice because it has big digits and you can see your temp quickly without even looking off. Both mine seem very accurate and I like them better than the analog, but I do not care for a digital boost gauge.

In regards to the one you linked to, I think an old friend of mine had one just like that in an old turbo ricer deal, if I remember right he had to hit it every now and then to keep it working, but who knows, maybe the Chinese have perfected them by now that was at least 5 years ago.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one. Its nice, but small. It has the warning light and can be programed to turn things on or off at a set temp. I did not use the included temp probe as it is very small and a different thread, I used a standard probe from a Hypermax gauge. I plan to get another one and use it for fuel temp readings on my heated oil tank. As far as how long it will last I cant say I used it for a summer and it hasent been used since. LOL

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
The problemwith digital gauges is they are very tiring .you have to constantly read them there is no way around it.With analog, you can just set the things where the needles should all point up and when one isn't there, then you have reason to look further, or with the pyros, the colour coded ones are easy to read and you can position those in an easy to read way as well.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I read the add too-ran across this "It will also close a relay output port that can be used to turn on a buzzard" !!!! Now I am more confused then ever.cookoo:dunno

Cat_Rebel

Does not compute
Reaction score
The problemwith digital gauges is they are very tiring .you have to constantly read them there is no way around it.With analog, you can just set the things where the needles should all point up and when one isn't there, then you have reason to look further, or with the pyros, the colour coded ones are easy to read and you can position those in an easy to read way as well.

Exactly how I feel about it too.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran it in a truck for a summer then it developed a driveline problem so I parted it out. It and all the other goodies are sittin on the shelf waiting to go on the 92.