cb radio

jdchristian3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
galaxy 595 with a Wilson 5000watt mag whip... sent the radio to sparkys cb shack or buy it from there... have made right by them at least... it will do well...

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
I run a wilson 1000 cab mounted whip with my connex general lee.... it gets out purty far and talks real good.....

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I stick with the older radios they were built much better than the new ones made in china. Philippine made Cobras and Unidens are some of the best radios you will ever find. Wilson makes great antennas as mentioned before.

Last edited:

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
All this CB talk makes me miss my old rig. I had a Kraco Super DeLuxe, with a 6' Firestick, in my '73 Nova.

A buddy and I regularly talked 14 miles, when the weather was clear.

I don't think Firestick even makes a 6' antenna, anymore.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
galaxy 595 with a Wilson 5000watt mag whip... sent the radio to sparkys cb shack or buy it from there... have made right by them at least... it will do well...

sparkys is good from what i hear.i do all my own mods and have one of the loudest radios around here.

i was running the mirage 88 with a modulator box putting out 150 watts full swing.i talked to texas,N&S corolina,florida,georgia,wisconsin.with the 2 pill i run pumpin 650 watts full swing ive talked to ships in the middle of the atlantic.its pretty cool talking that far out from inside my truck.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hitting a 2 pill with 2 watts supplying 100 amps to it through 0Ga cable for power and ground.with the meter on it 250 watt deadkey and 650 watts full swing.

on edit:this is the meter used 5000 watt meter