Catch can

Steven Sochalski

Reaction score
I have not had a CDR for 30 years. a 3/4 hose connects the port in the valley to the intake at the compressor side. Total seal rings a couple years ago improved even more. No catch can, and very minimum blow by. You can see the hose here. It's about 3 1/2 feet long from the valley to the intake.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thank you for the pic and the hose size. I was concerned that the hose on my parts motor setup was way too small.

Steven Sochalski

Reaction score
I have not had a CDR for 30 years. a 3/4 hose connects the port in the valley to the intake at the compressor side. Total seal rings a couple years ago improved even more. No catch can, and very minimum blow by. You can see the hose here. It's about 3 1/2 feet long from the valley to the intake.

You must be registered for see images attach

I've not seen a turbo in that location. Is it custom, or a kit type?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of the electric "preluber" oil pumps. This would be a postluber instead of a preluber. Let it run for a minutes or so after engine shut down.

71 Highboy

Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of the electric "preluber" oil pumps. This would be a postluber instead of a preluber. Let it run for a minutes or so after engine shut down.
Correct. I remember considering one of those. But I have such good results with Lucas stabilizer over the years, I could not justify the cost. This system just prevents coking at the bearing as it caries heat away after shut down, just gravity fed. Same theory, no pump or power.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I want to try this myself. I think i'm going to see what I can do differently on the Ex Wife since I'm going to pull the engine out anyway. I still want to try to come up with a way to have the oil drain back into the second dipstick hole location. I believe that I do happen to have an extra fitting that the dipstick tube goes into. My thing is that I don't want to have to remember to manually drain the oil.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to try this myself. I think i'm going to see what I can do differently on the Ex Wife since I'm going to pull the engine out anyway. I still want to try to come up with a way to have the oil drain back into the second dipstick hole location. I believe that I do happen to have an extra fitting that the dipstick tube goes into. My thing is that I don't want to have to remember to manually drain the oil.

I've been toying with the idea of running a centrifuge for bypass filtration and draining it to that spot.

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If running an electric fuel pump you might modify the fuel pump block off plate to return oil to the crankcase.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep to start out I'm going to manually see how often it needs to be drained. Its in a gravity position that can have it tapped to the dipstick or fuel block off plate.

@chillman88
I was in a Mercedes training class where they described how they solved the direct injection dirty valve issues with their centrifuge design and it really works well. They aren't wrong.. VW/Audi are still plagued with it on their TSI engines, BMW, Porsche same deal as ***. Ford tried to fix it with secondarys when they flipped to the new DI 5.0 but still has issues. Have heard/seen very little Mercedes issues.

Anyway.. Our tractor motors dont need a centrifuge IMO.. Complexity to value isn't there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep to start out I'm going to manually see how often it needs to be drained. Its in a gravity position that can have it tapped to the dipstick or fuel block off plate.

@chillman88
I was in a Mercedes training class where they described how they solved the direct injection dirty valve issues with their centrifuge design and it really works well. They aren't wrong.. VW/Audi are still plagued with it on their TSI engines, BMW, Porsche same deal as ***. Ford tried to fix it with secondarys when they flipped to the new DI 5.0 but still has issues. Have heard/seen very little Mercedes issues.

Anyway.. Our tractor motors dont need a centrifuge IMO.. Complexity to value isn't there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It's simply a matter of the soot load in my opinion. It seemed like a simple solution to add secondary filtration to the oil. It's cheaper than total seal rings and would accomplish a similar end goal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online