Cat delete?

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
I am wanting to do a catalytic converter delete on my truck by just sawz-alling out the cat and replacing it with a length of 3.5" exhaust pipe or will the engine not run right due to some evil:backoff environmemtalist computer/sensor wizardrycookoo:confused:? I also want to go with a higher flow muffler. the exhaust is 3.5" right? The purpose is improved fuel economy and any other inexpensive suggestions would be appreciated.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Cat deletes are faily common on these rigs. I am thinking about doing the same thing when I return from the desert.

Alot of guys get the MRBP turbo back system that has sections thta can be taken on and off to allow the cat to be used during inspections.

Thats probably the route I will go when I replace my exhaust even though my rig does not need to be inspected......

Thad

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
ok thanks for the info I have just heard so many horror stories about some guys trying to bypass some of the environmental crap on the newer diesels with nightmarish results that is why I was asking and it is 3.5" right?

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cat

I have a 96 that the inlet side is 3" and the outlet side is 3.5"

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
Some have removed the cat and seen very little difference in performance or mpg....
and given it is a $10,000 FEDERAL fine.... I give obuma enough taxes, so not worth it to me :) IMHO :)

BUT, replacing the stock 100 lb muffler with something like the $60 or so Walker BTM is a plug and play solution to better exhaust scavenging and egt lowering of 200 degrees or so...

AND it has a good sound... not too loud, no drone....

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I have considered opening up the exhaust, the only thing that I worry about is that fact that mine is powering and Excursion and is the "family car" and tow vehicle, I do not want the droan inside the cabin...... If the BTM will give better flow and no droan that may be the route to go...... what does one WITH a cat and btm sound like?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online