Carrier Pump Group Buy

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I mounted mine under the hood right behind the passenger side battery . I made a bracket out of some angle aluminum and mounted it to the inner fender.
Works out nice there, easy to clean out the screen without having to crawl under anything ;Sweet plus I can easily see if there is debris in there that needs cleaning. Other nice benefit is it makes the main filters last longer.

I've had mine on there about 2 years now and the thing works great. Granted, I bought mine at the Carrrier dealer and paid about twice that much for the thing ( I was the first one to try one of these things, When my holley folded shortly after buying this truck,I went looking for something better).I Imagine the Thermoking dealers probably charge about the same, so that deal on ebay is a steal, because so far as I was able to find, these things are only available as an OEM part so far, none of the regular Facet dealers carry the things. THey can't get the part number.

For those getting the pumps, if you want to use the nifty electric plug that's attached, NAPA has the pieces for the Packard plugs, you have to buy the shell, pins, and seal rings seperately, but they are cheap, and makes for a nice easy way to shut the pump off if needed.

As for durability, it was pretty funny when I went to the Carrier Transicold dealer to get mine, the part showd that they had a bunch on the computer, but the guy got lost in the parts room for quite some time trying to find the thing. Turned out that they had never had to replace one. For a pump that runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on a large percentage of the units it's installed on ( and in factory configuration , is drawing from it's maximum designed lift at all times on about half of those, for all the reefers with belly tanks ), I figure that's a pretty good sign ;Sweet

Attachments

• Carrier1.jpg
    Carrier1.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Carrier2.jpg
    Carrier2.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 362
  • Carrier3.jpg
    Carrier3.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 160

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We probably should start calling these what they are - the Facet Dura Lift. Might make them more availble since Carrier is not the only people using them. To bad we didn't have a chance to check Gary's timing after we installed his. That would have helped us know if the extra pressure was an issue.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Any time you want to check my timing again, let me know... I'd be more than happy to oblige!

Gary

P.S. I now have internet access again.. I got one of the USB cards like 4x4truckingirl has on her laptop. This thing would have been SWEET to have at the rally!

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I have run reefers with these pumps -years of trouble free service 24-7 days a week keeping meat cold.Stuck up next to an engine-yes in a box with defferent temp extreems-Raod salt sprayed over the cab going thru the louvers covering every thing with salt and mud.Mell youre right it is a new idea with a proven product.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
I'd like to get a few going, so I'll put you on the list. Hopefully there are a few more that would like one. I'm waiting to see how many he can get on this go around.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Somewhere around here I have a fuel pressure regulator with a gauge on it. If I can ever find the dang thing I could easily check the timing as is and then cut the pressure back and check it and see if it makes a difference. Tricky part is finding it. Darn shop gnomes have run off with it :backoff Hopefully it'll turn up in the next few days.

cleithau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know when you are going to order. My fiance and I have a new baby so it depends on how funds, I should be able to swing it but it depends when. Either gotta buy a chainsaw soon or a few loads of firewood.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Let me know when you are going to order. My fiance and I have a new baby so it depends on how funds, I should be able to swing it but it depends when. Either gotta buy a chainsaw soon or a few loads of firewood.

I sent another email, hopefully he can get them out quick. I'll let you know the details.