Carrier Pump Group Buy

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1/8" pipe ports? Kinda small for a 7.3L engine aint it? Isnt 30 GPH only 1/3 of what a holley pumps?
I like the idea of a pump MADE to pump diesel 24/7 but I'm not sure it will be able to support the power I want.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only bad thing I see about this pump is the pressure range 9.5-11psi would probably need to be regulated down to 4-8psi. I hear over 9 will affect the timing. Of course you could also adjust the timing accordingly, I doubt it would hurt the pump itself to have a couple more psi of pressure for a pump that relies on diesel to cool and lube it. I have the facet universal diesel pump on my truck which is very similar to this duralift pump except it does not have the see through bowl and I have it mounted on the frame rail. Its just as good if not better as the holley red. We'll see how long it lasts. Changing the filter will be a chore when that day inevitably comes I imagine, maybe it'll be awhile since I already have an inline filter before the pump.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
So far, no one has had to use a regulator. I have a gauge after my filter so once mine is running I'll see what it really runs at.

cleithau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep us posted on this. I want a better fuel pump for running WMO, I have a Facet Posi-flow but its not strong enough to pump WMO, but its never let me down on plain ole #2. Specs make it sound like a great pump.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
Once I moved mine down to the frame, mine has been running 90+% mixes with no problem! I have over 1500 miles on it so far..

Gary

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Once I moved mine down to the frame, mine has been running 90+% mixes with no problem! I have over 1500 miles on it so far..

Gary

Glad it working for you. Did you have it in the engine bay and did it have problems pulling the 90%. I don't think I'll run that heavy, but I have mine in the engine bay.

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
It was kind of an emergency installation on the inside of the left fender.. Just to get me home from the rally. I had already intended to mount it on the frame.

I also found out that I had a bad batch of fuel....

Everything's working great now though!

Gary