CAPA my butt.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I bought a new CAPA certified tailgate, complete with all the hardware and cables. Went to toss it on and test fit it. I took a picture of the label on the side as it made me LOL.
You must be registered for see images attach

I need to wait till theres light out to take a picture of the FAIL. I opened the tailgate and stood on it, the weld that holds the lower hinge and bushing snapped off and the tailgate wound up on the bumper that left a nice dent on it.

Sorry for the blurry pic, but avoid the CAPA tailgate from Keystone.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Wow... That sucks about as much as your blury picture does...LOL Really sorry you found this out for the rest of us. Now what are you going to do. Keep it or file on it. Hopefully you have something you can do because your not satisfied with what you got...

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I like how they took the time to state that this part was "coated in PPG paint and passed inspection"

The "problems? Toll Free FAX number 011-6009991234" was pretty funny.

I'm gonna send it back to keystone and but the economy line tailgate. I'm gonna snag the hardware off this one though as my latches are fubared.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a new CAPA certified tailgate, complete with all the hardware and cables. Went to toss it on and test fit it. I took a picture of the label on the side as it made me LOL.

I need to wait till theres light out to take a picture of the FAIL. I opened the tailgate and stood on it, the weld that holds the lower hinge and bushing snapped off and the tailgate wound up on the bumper that left a nice dent on it.

Wow i have a similar gate and have had no issues with it. I will say it flexs much more than my old bent gate did tho.

wmoguy

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

If you are coming to Colorado for Christmas come pick up my tailgate from my 94 (if you still need a tailgate)

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
blurry pic of not, that is not a CAPA certifired product. I will take a pic of a CAPA label and post it later on today when I get in to work.