Can you help me "get to know" my truck better?

RavenTBK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanting to "get to know" my truck a little better. I've found bits and pieces through my searchings around the interwebz...but not everything.

I am mainly interested in the line of details across the bottom: Type, Body, Trans, Axle, Tape (*** is tape?), and Springs; as well as the original paint colors. I see traces of red from underneath the flaking white around the backside of the cab. ;)
You must be registered for see images attach

Seems as though most information out there in the world details the Ranger, 150 and 250, and for newer models. Such as a the spring selection.

Also, something thats kind of nagging at me is the model. According to Fleet.Ford it is indeed an F350 according to its VIN. However, I understood the 150/250 2wd models as having TTB front ends, with the 350+ and SuperDuty having a solid beam? Mine has a TTB. Not really a huge deal... just something that has been bothering me since I picked up the beast a few months back. Searches around the web all say similar things. Why does mine have a TTB?

You must be registered for see images attach

Coyote_Red

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take it you have run the VIN so you know how it brakes down but I will go throught it again:

2F -Place of manufacture: Made in Canada
T - Body Type: Truck Body
J - GVRW: 9001-10000 LBS
W35 - Body Series: Four Door One Ton
M - Engine Code: 7.3L IDI
5 - Internal Usage at Ford
L - Year: 1990
C - Assembly Plant: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
XXXXX - Numerical Sequencing of Assembly.

Type-GVW - W352 stands for the cab style and GVWR of the truck W= Four Door, 35=F-350, No idea what the 2 stands for, 2wd?

Body -This may mean if it was sold with or with out a bed.

Trans - What transmission was in the truck from the factory - C = manual 5 speed close ratio (Z-F)

Axle - What your factory axle is - C5= 4.10 gears, 6250 Capacity, Made by FORD -10.25 is the model, you also have a LIMITED SLIP differential.

Tape - My answer is the same as yours

Springs - First letter is your front spring, second is your rear springs http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/ford-spring-code-listings for more detailed in on your springs.

Exterior Paint- W2101 and W4650 A body shop should be able to tell you what color(s) this mean.

I used the LMC Truck VIN decoder found here http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/full.aspx?Page=11

You front end is a Twin I Beam front end. This is what Ford called the 2wd front suspension on all except F-Superduty which used a solid drop axle.
The 4wd used the Twin Traction Beam on 1/2 and 3/4 ton. You are correct that the one ton and up 4wd used a solid axle.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk