Cab swap

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Ok I'm not sure if this is in the right spot or not so if it's not I'm sorry but I got offerd a like 95 extended cab I think it is I'm not real sure it's a f250 extended cab shortbed with a 460 and a auto. I'm getting everything but the frame the guy wants the ford axles and frame under his dodge cab. Idk why and I'm not askin cause I need the cab lol but how hard is it gonna be to swap. Mines a 96 7.3 4x4 5 speed so what all will I have to swap off my cab to the new one. The main reason for this is my cab is rusty and it was used as a dog cage for years which it don't smell bad till it gets wet in there or something but I'd rather just start fresh.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you will need the dash wiring harness with all the computers for the diesel , pedals assembly and doghouse panel for the 5spd manual. otherwise it should be a bolt on. might be easiest just to unbolt your entire dash and wiring harness and bolt it into the replacement cab. harness will all stay attached to the dash if you are carefull. learn the disassemble on the gasser dash that way you will already know what needs to be unbolted before you tear into the diesel dash.

good luck should you accept the mission;Sweet

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
you will need the dash wiring harness with all the computers for the diesel , pedals assembly and doghouse panel for the 5spd manual. otherwise it should be a bolt on. might be easiest just to unbolt your entire dash and wiring harness and bolt it into the replacement cab. harness will all stay attached to the dash if you are carefull. learn the disassemble on the gasser dash that way you will already know what needs to be unbolted before you tear into the diesel dash.

good luck should you accept the mission;Sweet

Ok that's what though was needed but I wasn't sure lol I knew the doghouse and pedals had to switch but for the price that we're gonna get a fully built 460 and auto along will all these parts imma do it.espesially if you knew how my truck smelled at one point. You can't get rid of all that hair lol

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert