Burning Off Rotella Really Fast..?

cubinzkid

Reaction score
CDR? Whats this? By oil coming from the valve covers, I meant I pulled the driver side valve cover cap, and at idle, there was a steady roll of "steam" that was oil. Just a lot of blowby, and while I have a tired engine, I didn't know if Rotella was adding to this effect.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run Motorcraft usually.

A couple years back, I decided to run a treatment of auto-rx and man what a difference.

I did the same thing shortly after I bought my truck (five years ago). AutoRX is awesome. Highly recommend.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Motorcraft usually.

I did the same thing shortly after I bought my truck (five years ago). AutoRX is awesome. Highly recommend.

Yes, I plan on doing a second treatment in the near future. When I recently did HG's, I couldn't believe how clean everything was inside my engine. Now....I didn't see what it looked like before auto-rx treatment, but I bet you it cleaned things up in there. I am not here to promote products or push them on anyone. Just giving some insight on what has worked for me.

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
when i first got an idi i used rotella and it went though it like others are descrbing. since ive been running chevron delo or mobil delvac with good results

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cdr, its like a pcv valve for the older idi diesels, it separates the oil from the vapor and drains back down into the valve cover and it prevents a runaway situation. If your cdr is still painted it's probably original, and should be replaced.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put MAG1 5w40 in mine for winter. It's really drinking it! A qt in 200 or so miles!

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine leaks like normal, right? a few drips here and there like $38 a gallon like every 6 months and 12,000 miles, if it didn't leak would it use any? what a pain