Bullydog /Edge

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking into getting a programmer and for both brands it reads 95-97 and 99-03. Can a 99-03 programmer be used on a 97 truck? It seems that the 99-03 programmers have better featers.

aaklingler

Reaction score
You need to find one that says it will work on a 97 like the edge evolution or a ts 6 position chip, I don't think the edge juice will work.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I thought, thanks for the quick response. I was liking the idea of the unit with all the guages displayed in one.

bdixon2138

Reaction score
No, the 99-03 programmer will not work. I have a TS performance chip with Wildman tunes on my 97. I ordered it from Total Diesel Performance and I love it.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wouldnt waste your money on a programmer for a 94-97 truck.a chip is the best way to go on these.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'm leaning to the bullydog 6 position chip. Is there anything neccessary to go with the chip. I know I need a pyrometer for sure! I plan on doing the dp, ebpv, strait pipe and intake. Can I do the chip and pyro then call it done for a couple weeks?

94f450sd I live in N. Brookfield, its a small town in the woods.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Don't waste your money on Bullydog. They are (or they were) rebadging other manufacturer's products. For a long time, the Bullydog handheld programmer was the exact same thing as an Edge Evolution programmer. They basically cater to the uninformed who don't know that there are better products out there.

If you want a chip that will do something worthwhile, get a TS chip from one of the site vendors or a custom chip. Sinister Diesel is a site supporter and I highly recommend them for excellent customer service and reasonable pricing. You will also notice they don't sell any Bullydog garbage.

zpd307

Reaction score
like what was mentioned earlier, get rid of the crushed downpipe. and i would suggest the walker btm muffler. if you were to get a pyro, you would see that you are on the ragged edge of high egts as it is, let alone after you put a chip in it.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what does the edge programmer do to the 94-97 trucks?

just runs a generic tune to keep everything in the safe zone.programmers are a waste of time and money on a 94-97.a chip is the best way to go.but if yall cant afford to fix it if it breaks just stick to the shimmed FPR,10k mod,intake and exhaust

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
just runs a generic tune to keep everything in the safe zone.programmers are a waste of time and money on a 94-97.a chip is the best way to go.but if yall cant afford to fix it if it breaks just stick to the shimmed FPR,10k mod,intake and exhaust

I think thats what i will do, once i get it running right im gonna buy a pillar mount and put gauges in, then do intake then the resistor mod

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance