bull moose pump

bomkamp6

Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a bull moose pump and moose mister injectors brand new still in box for 500 bucks. The guy got his gf pregnant and needs money and sold his truck. from what I read the bull moose is 102cc correct? Is this to much fuel for a stock 94 turbo idi with the 3 turbine outlet 3 inch dp 4 inch straight exhaust and open air filter? ik I will have to probably intercool it but I don't know if I really want to head stud it yet or mill down pistons yet. I also don't wanna kill the longevity of the engine to much but would like the extra power. they also have a better timing curve from what ive herd is that correct also?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
best thing to do is contact the guy who built it. Look up Agnem (username here) or Mel @ Conestoga diesel.
i'm looking forward to hearing about the difference it makes :D

Jbevs

IDI Newb
Reaction score
Buy it. That's a heck of a deal. If you can afford it!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd jump on that quick! Great price and those parts are fine with the setup you've got. I've had a Moose pump and Moose injectors on my F250's 7.3 for years with just reused stock head bolts at the stock torque. Never a problem. On a 6.9........... I'd recommend studs, but with a 7.3 and a ATS/Factory turbo...... you're fine.

Heath

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
That's a smokin deal on a Bull Moose!
It's recommended to intercool. I've run without one, haul heavy... Prolly should.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's entirely too much for your truck. You should buy it and immediately resell it to me for the same $500!

bomkamp6

Reaction score
haha ok so I should be good what boost should I run with it? and if I don't end up using it ill sell it lol

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Safley you can run 12 lbs on stock head bolts but 10 will get you about as much hp. Thats a deal you shouldn't be asking about but buying it now. The pump is a great pump and those injecters alone were $1000.00 per set of 8 last month. They now have a much differant and better machining process so the price now is around $650.0. Figure the pump is around $700.00 or there abouts. Look at the Conestoga web page. All the prices and info is right there. Clearly you can make some money on that $500.00 deal. Most anyone here will pay you probably 25% more and still be getting a great deal.

bomkamp6

Reaction score
i bought it 500 bucks cash so i could run ten on this set up and be all good with a intercooler and not be to worried about head gaskets or blowing it up?

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will be safe running it. The IDI turbo will handle it easily. I ran 15psi for a long time on stock head bolts and had no issues at all. If you do end up getting studs, you could pump it up a bit higher but 20psi is about to the limit of that turbo. That much boost I would highly recommend intercooling though. And for reference to show how strong those IDIT blocks are, there is a guy over at FTE running 30+psi on a stock and stuffed long block. He is running a lot of fuel to get that much boost but you get the picture. I say throw the IP and injectors in and you will be good with your setup.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Much is said about running above 13 lbs boost. Now above that the compressed air going into the engine is at least 300 degrees. So you are not gaining much if any hp running that hot of an air charge. Add an intercooler and your ready to lite that candle and go for it. Too bad we don't have the rally setup to run an intercooled and a non intercooled truck. I suppose all we really need to do is change the intake hat from intercooled to non intercooled. Then give rides.. Might be a deal for Mel on one of the many rigs he brings to every rally..:angel::sly

bomkamp6

Reaction score
now if i go intercooled how big should i go? i have a few layin around the house i could use but they arnt as big as a psd one

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Size doesn't matter as much as density. I've seen many guys here running huge cheap ebay intercoolers on here, and on my other car forums. There is something to be said about better quality more expensive cores. The best cores out there are Garretts, they are extremely dense and very efficient. I have one on my eclipse and its so dense I had to add 2 pusher fans to the car to get enough air flow through it. Spearco also makes very good cores. ETS uses Garrett cores as well as a few other manufacturers. Don't go cheap, go for quality and efficiency.

About the pump and injectors I'd be requiring proof that they are actually what he says they are. That price is so low its hard to believe they are real Moose products.

bomkamp6

Reaction score
the cooler i got is off a 2013 eco boost its and alright size and i think if it can cool twins it should be able to cool a single lol