Brown Truck Under the Knife Project -Point of No Return!-

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea, you're talking about the stance that I like as well, but it actually isnt sitting at that level right now. Its still probably a good 2" nose high compared to the back. I currently have F250 lift blocks, and im trying to get a set of F350 ones just to have the option.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yea, you're talking about the stance that I like as well, but it actually isnt sitting at that level right now. Its still probably a good 2" nose high compared to the back. I currently have F250 lift blocks, and im trying to get a set of F350 ones just to have the option.

Oh wow I didnt realize it was that much of a difference, the pics make it look really close if not the same.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Update!
I believe the suspension phase of the brown truck project has been completed! hehe
So stoked I cant even say.

You must be registered for see images attach

Plus, guess who's truck is top stud in our corral now! Yep, MINE! It is officially the tallest truck in our fleet. I think I set it perfectly too. Its almost dead even front to back. Its (from the ground to the top of the wheel well) 39 3/4" tall in the front, and 40 1/16" tall in the back.
I ended up using the F250 rear blocks on it instead of the F350 ones. The 350 ones would have made it raked in the back and I wasnt going for that look with this truck. I think the 250 blocks did it perfect justice.
Whatdya think! Yea, you too Justin, how do you like the stance now that its actually set right?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Oh yea, and I think I've finally figured out two choices for a nickname for it (we name all of our trucks here so we know which one we're talking about). I had 5 people say the same thing about it in the last week (I drove it to work yesterday and had 3 guys say the same thing about it) and that is everyone says its a BEAST, but Im not sure if its to cliche or not. The other one is one my mom said about it when I had the old POS 2wd suspension on it and it sounded like crap, and I was having issues with just about everything leading up to the project. And what she said about it is, "she sure is *******' about allot of stuff lately!" I personally like both, but *******' fits her well, lol. Cus she sure does, ALLOT. lol

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
What did the guys at the tire shop say when it came in with 4x4 front axle, but no 4x4?

Lookin pretty good. Makes me miss mine. Was bout identical, except it was red.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
;Sweet That thing looks wicked awesome man, the stance is perfect ;Sweet. Now move onto the fixing the body cancer phase :D

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments guys.

The real expression will be shown tomorrow by the suspension shop im taking it to. I could almost hear the lack of joy coming from the guy I spoke to about it today at that shop. lol As soon as I said "it used to be a 2wd F250, but is now a 4wd F350" you could literally hear the tone of his voice change. But the guys at the tire store gave it one heck of a good look over with their heads cocked to one side. lol
I did find a gouge in one of my wheels today, so Im not very happy about that, because these wheels are literally new. But at the same time, its a truck, so at the same time I figure it'd just happen anyway. But it still upsets me.

Anyway, the body work phase of this project wont start until next year or maybe even the year after, Im not sure when yet. I'm lucky to have been given enough time by my parents to do what I have already.
Next (within the next few days) I'll start pulling the engine and prepping it for the (dare I say it) turbo, and will be doing the same to the ZF5 and 1356 transfer case.
Now I probably wont be able to open the hood again, because every time someone mentions the word TURBO around that truck the frickin hood wont open! Im completely serious here, I've adjusted that hood mechanism 3 times and it will randomly not open, and always after someone mentions the turbo while in the presence of the truck. lol

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She's a Beaut! Looks just right and those white letters on your MTR's make me wish I had gotten the D load range BFG's for mine so I could have had white letters. I was a stickler for the E load range in my 285's and they don't come with white letters.

I think that truck needs a Turbo and Intercooler to go with those new shoes!

Ryan

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Finally the finishing touches to the 4wd conversion

The progress I've made today in this project relates more to the 4wd conversion than the engine part of the project. So I figured it was best suited in here.
I torched the passenger frame rail reenforcement section out of my parts frame, cut the welds out of it, popped the rivets out of it then cleaned the inner portion of both sides of the frame and gave them a shot of POR15. Fitted the piece into the frame and welded it into place. Cleaned it up and POR15'd the entire frame section. Looks pretty nice if you ask me. :sly

Had a couple tiny weld pops fall into my welding glove, :eek:, OMFG! Does that hurt or what!

gunz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellet build thread. Thanks fopr posting. I hadnt even thought about the passenger frame gusset.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yes they did. Two of the rivet holes from the 2wd bracket will line up with the 4wd bracket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online