Brown Truck Under the Knife Project -Point of No Return!-

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Well I finally got around to tearing into the major parts of this project. There is no longer a 2wd suspension under there, no more. Problem is, there is no suspension under there now. lol
You must be registered for see images attach

discbrks

Reaction score
Ya know, if you cleaned out some of that stuff in the garage, you could have a nice, dry place to work on it.... :rotflmao

Lookin' good so far!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
My 71 RS/SS Camaro is in the stall directly in front of the truck, and the other stall is home to my grandpas truck project that my brother has been working on and hasnt finished. But yea, you're right.
I just bought a shop that we're going to be putting up on the week of the 14th. Just trying to knock one project out at a time.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Do you have any sort of general timeline for how long this project should take? Sounds like a sweet setup going.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Im hoping to have the axle and suspension all tied up in the truck this weekend. But wont get around to actually putting a driveshaft to it until the next warm decent weekend. But hoping I can have the whole thing done before the end of november. I told my parents that all I wanted done for my birthday was to have my truck finished. So they said they would devote every weekend to it until the building comes in.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Measure twice and cut once, right!

I'll be measuring everything to factory specs off of my grandpas truck frame sitting in the garage.

tractorman86

Reaction score
seriously though what are you doing for a track bar and mount? i am looking to do a solid swap on mine and not really sure what to use there.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I used the stock F350 track bar mount and drilled/bolted it to my engine crossmember. It took me two LONG days to get the axle installed and rolling so I could drive it to work. If you are using a true 4wd transmission then the rest will go quickly.

1989f2507.3idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on a jeep with a dinky d30 leaf sprung can do without a track why can't we ? its leaf sprung right

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
^^^ It's probably got something to do with our engines being so heavy, but Im sure someone in the know will chime in.
I got lucky and picked up an entire 1994 F350 front axle that had literally everything including the track bar and mount. So Im going to be using all the OEM equipment.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Progress today.