Brown Truck Under the Knife Project -Point of No Return!-

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

We actually didnt get started on it today until 3pm, so I was impressed we got as much accomplished as we did. But we finished cutting out all of the 2wd suspension brackets, and believe it or not got around to drilling some of the extra holes for the new 4wd suspension brackets, and are pretty much ready to start putting on a couple brackets. But it got too dark to stay out there any longer.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Looks pretty much like my swap - a total mess of parts and **** laying everywhere...LOL....And the look on the wife's face when she saw my truck with no front end under it....PRICELESS!....:eek::backoff:rotflmao

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
HAHA NICE.
My mom hasnt even come out to look at it. So I havent been able to see what a reaction like that would look like. lol She's probably too confident that I'll fix it, so she doesnt care.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sean- I see a major problem in this picture:

If you look closely, it appears that you're wearing a *gasp* Chevy hat! Don't let any of that get on your truck!

Attachments

• sean.jpg
    sean.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 113

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man does that ever look like fun. Nice progress so far. I can't see why you couldn't have an axle under there today.:thumbsup:

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Sean- I see a major problem in this picture:

If you look closely, it appears that you're wearing a *gasp* Chevy hat! Don't let any of that get on your truck!

:rotflmao LOL

Yep, you're right, thats a chevy hat. lol I have always loved my Camaros, and my mom bought me that hat when I was 8, and I've been wearing it every day since then.

Dont get me wrong though, I love my Ford trucks though! Best darn trucks in the world!

Nothing beats the sound of a SBC in a classic Camaro screaming 7500rpm though when it comes to cars. That's music to my ears.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just giving you a hard time- the swap looks great so far. I really need to find me a D60 front end and replace the sloppy TTB under my truck...

Keep us posted!

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea, I know Ryan. You're :cool

Anyway, I dont think its gonna happen guys. Not gonna get it in there today. Drilling this frame takes a hell of a long time. I'm still hoping, but my brother has backed out on helping me with the project, so its just me and pa doing all the drilling. Gotta love all the metal shavings sticking me in the ass too. :rolleyes:

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Pics of progress today!
No axle under there, but it is now a complete 4wd chassis! Finished the last holes for the track bar bracket just after dark. Let me tell ya, that frame is frickin HARD. We could only make about 6 holes and then would have to go sharpen the bits again.
Im going to take off early from work tomorrow to hopefully get the axle in there and get it sitting back on all fours.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Not just the shock mount bolts, but ALL the bolts are CAT tough! There are $198 in CAT bolts in this suspension project. I didnt want to skimp on the grade of the bolts holding this thing together. With CAT bolts tying everything to the frame, I can honestly ride in it with peace of mind.

I do have to take back my statement about having the complete 4x4 chassis attached to my frame. I forgot about the sway bar brackets, dang it. I was so happy when I thought I was done with all that drilling. lol

Last edited:

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Drilling frames is NO fun...been there done that. The coolest thing I found was an electro-mag mount drill press that was portable. Basically a electromagnet that stuck a base to the frame and allowed you to use a drill press style setup to do the "pushing." It wouldn't get everywhere, but would have likely worked pretty well in some of your project...

Did you buy all new brackets from Ford, or salvage them off the vehicle that donated the axle? What about the axle...did I miss the part where it got gone-through? You've likely got it stuffed with an ARB, CTM's, and Warn premiums by now....

Ryan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online