Brought the CC parts truck home

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
We picked it up last night. The engine looks good just one valve stuck and tapped a piston so we're replacing both heads with a new set my dad bought, and that motor will go into my dads CC. The rest of the truck will be cut up and stripped. Might get some pics of the truck posted tonight in case anyone wants anything.

12 Ne IDI's

Dunce
Reaction score
It (his brown truck) doesnt have as interesting of a story as this CC we just brought home. I have lots of 4 letter words to use for this CC and its previous owners. Im getting money back out of this deal or lose some in the process of suing him. :backoff -cuss
BTW im his brother. :D Hi all.

Im thinking about trying out some of these tungsten core .308's on this new *****.... :puke:

So far the "freshly gone through motor with a valve that came out and only nicked the piston alittle" has a hole in it and they left the antifreeze in the cylinders and we now have what looks like i can only call mountains in the cylinders from rust.

...to be continued.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea so as my brother said. When we bought the truck the engine wasnt there, the guy had actually "sold it" to a friend and that friend had taken the motor to his house. But the guy we bought it from described the condition of the motor in detail for us since we couldn't look at it. He stated that the engine was recently rebuilt but had a valve failure and one valve stuck in the guide (hmm sounds kinda familiar, and from the same machinist!) causing a small impression in that piston. He continued with explaining that when he pulled the head off the cylinders looked perfect and new. Well as my brother said, I saw it last night, there ain't a chance in hell that motor will run again without a full rebuild and new sleeves. Not to mention that "little impression" in the piston is no small impression, its a HOLE. They obviously ran the engine with that valve hanging for quite some time and it actually broke the valve face off, then the valve stem shoved through the piston. I realize the D60 axle is worth $750-900 in itself, but thats not how we bought this truck, or why we bought it. The guy told us that engine could be run with a set of new heads, which we have. That was a bold faced lie. I guess I'm just not sure what to try to get back from him on it. We have another engine here that is in better condition than this one that we purchased last year for $250, I don't see it being out of the question to get $200 back. The way this motor looks its most likely junk, not even a full set of turbo rods going to come out of this one.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Here's pics of the engine that "just had a small impression in the piston".
You must be registered for see images attach

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
To top it off, the transmission that was rebuilt in 2006 with less than 10k miles on it (that part is true we have receipts for it proving mileage and date of rebuild) didn't have a full pan of ATF, it had a pan of 1/4 ATF and 3/4 water. Ugh, this deal keeps getting worse and worse.

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It (his brown truck) doesnt have as interesting of a story as this CC we just brought home. I have lots of 4 letter words to use for this CC and its previous owners. Im getting money back out of this deal or lose some in the process of suing him. :backoff -cuss
BTW im his brother. :D Hi all.

Im thinking about trying out some of these tungsten core .308's on this new *****.... :puke:

So far the "freshly gone through motor with a valve that came out and only nicked the piston alittle" has a hole in it and they left the antifreeze in the cylinders and we now have what looks like i can only call mountains in the cylinders from rust.

...to be continued.
you know better, use motorcraft

FX4 Level2

NEEDS A DIESEL
Reaction score
how is it that the cyl with the busted valve and the hole in the piston is the only rust free cyl? did you clean it before pics or is this some new sort of vooooo dooo?!

Damn man you got a hell of a problem there!

12 Ne IDI's

Dunce
Reaction score
The block might be salvageable..... How far can a cyl be honed before you have to change pistons? And i know 7.3 is bored to the max. Im curious if i can get rid of the rust and pitts by honing and still get away with std. bore pistons with new rings? The block is std bore 4.1095-4.1105 but the wear is out to 4.1125-4.1132 At already .0025-.0032 over with wear, the pitts will take at least another thou to get out. -cuss Already going to need a new piston and probably one if not more than one rod. While we have it apart we might as well check and possibly replace bearings, (rings are a must at this point).

And i only use BERU glow plugs ;Sweet Lol

.....this poor truck....i swear... stupid people shouldnt breed... -cuss

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.....this poor truck....i swear... stupid people shouldnt breed... -cuss

Unfortunately, they are really good at it usually. What other possible explanation could there be?

All you can do is try. I had some minor pitting in a 4 popper diesel that I rebuilt and while it was not ideal I did hone and run the engine and its still kicking.

12 Ne IDI's

Dunce
Reaction score
Now need some legal opinions.

This is what i got from the guy today... "Im not responsible for the damage to the motor since i wasnt the one to take it apart before you took possession of it, it doesnt matter ***** (his friend) had it since December." He told me when i agreed to buy it in march he was going to get the engine back so i could see it before i took the truck. I went over 4 times to see it and he didnt have it. Came time when we needed it and his friend had to drop it off at our house, he wouldnt bring it back to the shop. This guy is ******* me off.
He still has the wheels and title too... I told him the title and wheels need to be in my hands friday by 5:30pm.

We had whats known as a "Gentleman's contract" here in Ne. We shook hands on the terms of the truck and all parts, wheels (which had tires on them then), the fresh rebuilt tranny (has had water sitting in it for who knows how long) and a runnable short block with a piston that had a few minor kiss marks and need of heads, and the title. All ive got so far is the parts truck, a tranny that needs gone through and a boat anchor for a block. I would be just happy with $250 back for the engine. Fine ill eat the tranny cost to go through it i should have caught that... but the engine thats on him in my opinion.

What do you guys think? What should i do? Do i have enough? Im not one to lay down and take it ...but whats your opinion.

-cuss-cuss-cuss

Last edited: