Brought home another IDI

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
so here it is, my flatbeds replacement. This truck will get the new built up 6.9 motor. XLT, power everything, A/C, cruise control, gray and black interior, pilot lights. I turned it over 150,000 on the way home. Was a Pacific Duallies outfitter truck so it has about a billion lights and every other option I can think of including aftermarket seats with air lumbar. Other than that.. 5spd and 7.3 turbo

You must be registered for see images attach

Trucks are the exact same length, and the crew cab weighed in at 7200lbs with both tanks full and 3 passengers... much lighter than the flatbed.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Why are you replacing the flatbed? I still watch the latest vids.

SWS

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Why are you replacing the flatbed? I still watch the latest vids.

SWS

Because I don't like Slantnoses or brick noses. The OBS is my favorite body style. The flatbed was purchased as a "tester" truck to see what I could do with an IDI. It was to determine if the IDI would serve as my dedicated tow rig, or if I needed to get a PSD or a Duramax.

It passed the test on a low budget build, so now I need a nice truck to wrap around the motor..... the new truck.

I will be essentially swapping engines/trans between the two. The flatbed will end up with the OBS's engine and trans... the OBS will end up with the 6.9 after I pull it out, strip it down and "repower it"

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
HA...**** moove...and awesome at the SAME time.

BUT, just wait 'till you read my thread...

SWS

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u know u just could have swap a obs front end on ur dully instead of buying a hole new truck lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online