Brake trouble

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weren't these only on the half tons? My 81 F150 and my 86 Bronco both had this style, my two F250's didn't.
This is the hardware that was on my 83 F350 2wd. My truck has dual piston front calipers, I doubt those were half ton options, could use the same hardware though. I made the mistake of putting the small “leaf spring” on the rotor side and had grinding for about 20 miles until I realized my mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may have to clean up the anchor plate grooves if they are rusty and apply some disc brake grease or anti-seize so the caliper is free to slide on the pins. The pins have a wide side and a narrow side. I believe the wide side goes toward the caliper.

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have to clean up the anchor plate grooves if they are rusty and apply some disc brake grease or anti-seize so the caliper is free to slide on the pins. The pins have a wide side and a narrow side. I believe the wide side goes toward the caliper.
I will try this tomarow and see, along with some other investigating.

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took everything apart again today can still here rubbing, as i turn the hub i can feel resistance in one spot almost like i cant get enough clearance with the pads and rotor.

You must be registered for see images attach

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to go rent a brake bleeding tool, just to make sure I'm all good there. Maybe its causing some issue.

notenuftime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update, just found out after buying a brake bleeding tool that i can get any pressure at bleeder valve, no fluid. May need to replace that whole brake line. Any thoughts.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Rubber line could be blocked. So could the caliper.
Crack it lose in different areas working up to the master, until you get fluid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pull the brake hose off the caliper and see if you have fluid there, your caliper may have siezed