Body lifts: Which one? How do they work? How much?

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I did the poly cab mounts, then a set of hockey pucks. Works great ;Sweet Kind of a pain drilling out the hockey pucks.
I did have to cut he bottom of the fan shroud out a little bit.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Did the hockey puck lift myself and was less than 20 bucks out of pocket.
They did help soften up the Energy suspension bushings that I put on as well.
No cutting of the shroud on 1".;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A body lift is really nothing more than a plastic spacer of X in height, and the same diameter as the mount. Most kits seem to come with things that I never use. Just the bolts and the spacers are all that is needed, which is why the hockey puck works just fine. I think the body style has a bit to do with the happiness factor of the lift. First off, the Moosestang, and Moose Truck both have 2" body lifts. Both had to have the fan shroud's trimmed, but that's it. There were NO other issues. Does it add stress to the mounts? Probably. However, this only becomes a factor in an accident. In normal use, the added stress is easily handled. Both of my trucks have the early body style, so there is a lip in the sheet metal that moves from being behind the bumper, to above it. A 1" lift, may put the lip in line with the bumper, which would not work out too well. We're going to be doing a 2" lift on the Night Moose as well. I've become a fan of doing the lift for maintanance reasons. It really does make it a whole lot easier to work on, and the added space increases the ease in which one can work. The only negative, is the added distance one must reach to do certain kinds of engine work, much of which is better performed while standing in the engine bay anyway. Another reason to do the lift, or at least replace your mounts, is it forces you to deal with any decay that has developed around your core support. This tends to creap up on people and quietly become a problem. So I would say to Sean, with all the trucks you have, you ought to do it on at least one of them, as I think you would like it. Most lift kits are around $100 so they aren't too expensive and you can easily do one in a few hours if none of the bolts fight you too hard.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
i hate to be the wet blanket, but a hockey puck body lift isnt a good idea. i know most on here dont off-road and that is where most of the problems occur but a hockey puck may take some abuse but it will eventually fail and when it does look out.

so i guess to those who have done it or are going to do it...keep an eye on them for any signs of fatigue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online