Block Cleaner

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I feel I should clean the coolant side of my block after the overheat-burndown. My block is bare and I have fabricated all the needed coolant hydro plates so I can pressurize or power wash the block. What would you guys suggest me to use for this? Pool Muriatic acid? 4 to 6% H2SO4 and distilled water? or what. I can clean out everything because the block is bare And all the passages can be power washed out. The freeze plugs are stainless and they hold 35 lbs of air pressure. Been down that road before...:D

Last edited:
M

maxdiesel

i flushed my block with muriatic acid/water mix-then ran motor for about 10 min or so..... it looked like new when i was done. don't even think about breathing in the vapors if you try this. i also changed all the rubber and the t stat after the flush.

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just hose them down with oven cleaner on a hot block. I pick up the stuff for a dollar at can at the local Dollar Store.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Spencnaz... I want to clean the internal coolant side of my bare block but I like your idea of cleaning the outside of the block too....;Sweet

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
It was hot tanked. I just don't like the looks of what I see inside it and want to clean it myself. If you want it done right.... Do it yourself thinking is what I'm doing. Nothing special, just something to do while I continue waiting on my pistons that were shipped from Florida on last Monday...-cuss :mad: