BLAM!!!!! KLANG KLANG KLANG

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I think that's how it sounded last night when I started to pour the coals to her in 5th gear at around 70mph while merging on to the highway.

Yep the family and I were on our way to go eat at Logan's Steakhouse last night. We were merging on to the highway and I was feeling my oats so I was blasting around the clover leaf like a sports car and all of a sudden when I came down on her bingo it happened.... in that instance I suddenly owned a 70mph truck - period....

-cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss Ricken Fracken 5th gear let go again but this time it made a helluva racket and the truck sort of lurched while doing it. I'm almost afraid to pull the rear cover off the trans tomorrow for fear of what I might find...

I'm hoping that the gear is at least still in one piece because I'll weld that SOB back on and this time I'm not gonna be gentle with the beads either. Then I'm gonna start saving up for a replacement trans - I need to find some one that can build a Travie Proof trans and then we will see what else I can break...

But I gotta tip my hat to the little ole six banger under the hood she is Travie Proof.... ;Sweet Now just need to get the rest of the driveline beefed up...

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Ouch! I'm not sure if anything is Travie prof. I hope the carnage isn't too bad.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
You could flub up a ball bearing with a rubber mallet ;p ;Poke :D

Travis, I thought those NV trannys were pretty tough :dunno

Those Kuminski's sure have their issues with 5 cent parts wreaking havoc ;Really

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
That's the link I was trying to find but couldn't find it in my favs - I knew I had seen a page that talked about the splines being the true problem. Looks like I will contacting them once they open up and seeing what I can do and for how much. Seeing as how I live in Indiana and he's half a country away...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bummer Travis. Did you have to get a tow, or could you limp home in some other gear? Your E40D was pretty pruitt proof. Maybe you can get the one off the E and put it under there. LOL

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
yeah because the E's tranny is not in use.

I'm still driving it - actually going to go out tonight and line up against my buddies 99 24v Cummins since we turned it up a bit yesterday. Figure that I might as well keep driving it because the other gears still work for the time being - even though it's rattlin' like a ball bearing in a empty pop can.... EEK!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL See.... most people, would park their truck, pet it, and say "it'll be alright baby... daddy will fix you." But not travis. He kicks it and says "get your ass back out there and make me proud! I don't care how much it hurts!". :rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online