Blah

linkfarms

IDI Addiction
Reaction score
my idi has 2 1/4 straight pip to the rear and it's very loud to me. It cackels like no other at 2500 rpm. I've gotta be carefull in town cause there's a sound ordnance now and i shift at 1500rpm to be quiet. After i rebuild everything i'm gonna run a 3inch straight to the back right side with a slight turn down and a custom powercoated tip.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One funny thing I noticed a little while ago- well, first off, when I first did the exhaust on the truck, I tried it with 4" straight pipe clear out the back behind the rear tire, and it was raspy as all get out. Just a few weeks ago (before I put the stacks back on), just for ***** and giggles, I ran a straight pipe to the back of the cab and dumped it off right there. I drove it just a little bit, and although I imagine it would have been loud as hell if you really stomped on it, the engine noise wasn't NEARLY as loud as I had been expecting. I guess the more pipe you add, the more the engine noise increases...weird.

Fordsandguns

Fords Rule
Reaction score
Mine is the factory 21/2 into 3" straight piped and exits in the stock location and is loud and raspy. It does get old after a while. It is really too loud and gets too much attention.
I want to find a decent muffler to quieten it some and get rid of the cackle.
I ran it for a while just behind the cab and that is just obnoxious once you get any real rpm's. At highway speeds you can't hear anything but the exhaust like that.