BlackStone Report at 321,000 miles.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my BlackStone report on the crew cab. The 6.9 is all original with 321,000 miles. It shows only high potassium and sodium which indicates coolant getting into the oil. As I feared, it is likely a headgasket. But at that kind of mileage, it's not really a surprise.

I've won a "different" engine off of ebay today. I may end up putting the 7.3 in my black truck in the crew cab and "different" engine in my black single cab.;Really

Heath

Attachments

• D93093.pdf
    16.9 KB · Views: 30

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I got my BlackStone report on the crew cab. The 6.9 is all original with 321,000 miles. It shows only high potassium and sodium which indicates coolant getting into the oil. As I feared, it is likely a headgasket. But at that kind of mileage, it's not really a surprise.

I've won a "different" engine off of ebay today. I may end up putting the 7.3 in my black truck in the crew cab and "different" engine in my black single cab.;Really

Heath

Suuhweet! :D

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to just do headgaskets and put in some studs. But, I think with the purchase of this "different" engine, I'll leave it alone for now. The timing of the "different" engine project will likely be down the road a bit. So the ol 6.9 may get new gaskets and studs if the project gets pushed to the back burner for a while.

Heath

Last edited: