Black Widow Under My Seat

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What bugs eat black widow spiders... Maybe a wasp... Thats all I can think of... How long do these spiders live....I know they usually kill the males after ***... Kinda creepy knowing its hiding somewhere.....:eek:

You could toss some "daddy long legs" in there. They kill black widows, and they can't bite you. Though, how will you know when it has killed it? LOL

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stick your arm under seat and wait patiently for a while, she's bound to run up your arm.
She wont be able to resist!! Make sure you roll up your sleeve first! LOL

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never used to be bothered by spiders till earlier this year. I got bitten by a brown recluse at work and ended up in the hospital having surgery to remove a large chunk out of my arm. Then to make matters even better when I asked about my Workers Comp the ***** fired me. Definitely bomb the truck with a couple of the smoke style bombs. They will kill anything.

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
:eek: Spiders!!!! I hate them ******** too! Yea, i agree with everyone else, Just use the water activated smoke bomb. I found one in my camper today, im not sure what it was but it was big and it made a huge crunch when i crushed it!LOL Ive found black widows in the shower curtain while showering, that aint fun.

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
disconnect the battery first just in case... Then Bomb it, i hate spriders and would not even get into the truck if i found a black widow in it...

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes yah I'd have to know that sucker was dead too. If I'm not mistaken they can do a job on yah if they bite yah...like the recluse story above. Anyway bombing is probably a good idea I'd just like to offer a word of caution since this was just on the local news here 2 days ago. A mother moved into a trailer with her kids and they had a bug problem.....granted I guess she was bombing like every other day but anyway her young 4 year old died from the bug bombs. They left the home when she bombed and she thought she let the place air out real good.....guess not. Anyway the whole family is still in the hospital. So I guess just make sure you really follow the directions closely when you do bomb, or get a professinal out to do it.

Either way - yah I'd definately need to see a body or something!! :eek:

1994Diesel

Constantly thinking
Reaction score
Yikes yah I'd have to know that sucker was dead too. If I'm not mistaken they can do a job on yah if they bite yah.

Oh yea, it will make it hard to breath, give you a fever and killer cramps all over. A friend of mine got bit by one while we were out camping one year, luckily we got him to the hospital in time.

badasp118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like grandpa always said, whers there's one, there's two! Hate them little freaks! I was working on the truck last year replacing a radiator n reached down to pick up the upper hose n came up with the biggest black snake you ever saw! I about crapped my pants! So I feel ur pain! Lol!

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Time to put a posse together! Have you ever heard a spider scream? It's kind of creepy, especially when you think they dont make noise.

I'd get a long sleeved shirt, some big rubber gloves and some duct tape and tear the truck apart. A bomb may kill it, but if the body doesn't fall where you can see it, you'll still be a little uneasy driving it.

Spiders FREAK my wife out, I'm not a fan either, but she wont even try to kill them, she'll just get me to do it. You can imagine my surprise when she was standing in front of me un-injured telling me she saw a spider in her car while driving. It was on the a-pillar next to her. She managed to swerve onto the shoulder, and jump out the passenger side of the car. Instead of calling me to come help, she found something to remove the spider herself.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I never used to be bothered by spiders till earlier this year. I got bitten by a brown recluse at work and ended up in the hospital having surgery to remove a large chunk out of my arm. .

Those suckers are no fun at all! I got bit in two places on one foot while I was mounting a generator under my 5er and I wound up with a foot that looked more like a football for over a month, with large gaping holes at each spot. Can't remember what the doc gave me for it but it was stout stuff. Spiders are nothing to fool with

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Tonite after dark I went spider hunting... Found a small black widow web under the seat near where my left leg usually rides. Its from the edge of the seat to the carpet... So at least I know the location she resides at now. All I need now is to get an eye on her and have some carb spray or killer in hand and all may be well again out here....Geez... My skin itches all the time now.... Even my bare feet under the computer desk seem to feel like something is crawling up on them every once in a while..... I looked up on the internet for more info. I did know lots about these spiders but... I had no idea they could live for up to 3 years..... Tomorrow I will find and destroy this tiny thing one way or another....:puke:

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Damn, that's freaky. Nothing like that up here. Most of the nasties find it to cold to survive a Mn. winter.

Good luck hunting!

rckslash2010

Reaction score
Ya. that's why I love the north land. No bad spiders, snakes, I can't think of anything that will kill you, except the cold.. We don't even have much for tornadoes around here.