Black Widow Under My Seat

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yesterday I got my small vacuum to clean out the dirt in the footwells up front. Found some white silk spider egg bags on it. Cleaned them off knowning they were black widows eggs. Hooked up the power and set it down in the floor at my brake peddle and wow shitezel... The biggest black widow spider I have seen in a long time. It very quickly went under the drivers seat and just disapeared into thin air... I'm scared of spiders and really didn't get a chance to swing at it. So I get some spray that kills spiders and start looking for her. I have a mirror and flashlite... Nothing... So I sprayed under the seat really well but nothing dropped to the carpet.... Geez... I'm screwed now. I'm really concerned about this.. The last thing I need is this enemy of mine crawling out on me going down the road... I have no problem with a bee sting but spiders creep me out big time. I know she will die because of the time of year and there isn't any "food" in the truck for her but... No body... No driveing comfortably till I have a body... I'm hoping she doesn't make another egg nest too... Thats a killer for me..... Funny how something so small can keep me out of the drivers seat... Gues its time to just man up and get over this fear.....:cry:

Last edited:

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screw black widows. I wouldn't drive it either. I really don't like those things! I would pull the seat out,very slowly, and search for it until I found it.

trugertha1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hate them lil eight legger freaks haha just last nite i had a big wolf spider run under my favorite chair, and i couldn`t relax until i found the ******

suv7734

Reaction score
I think I'd be looking pretty hard for a body as well. There are certainly a lot of places one of those critters can hide. Just be careful, we don't want another member known as "Spider Bait", given what Geo went through a while ago.

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
I've never seen a black widow spider in my parts, but I guarantee I'd never sit in my truck knowing its in there.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Just get a bug bomb and bomb the cab, you'll be driving tomorrow ;Sweet

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh man! Yeah, try the bug bombs, best ones are the little cans that you activate with some water.
I brought home a lebaron several years back that had sat for three years, all I could see hanging under the damn thing was spider webs, so I put three of them cans unde the car and covered it with some plastic sheeting and let it set for a couple of hours. When I uncovered the car, I counted at least 15 dead black widows laying on the ground under the car.
My dad had a repair shop years ago and sat down on the toilet one day, low and behold hear come a big ******* crawling right up from under the seat by the family jewels!:eek: He said he aint never flown out of a restroom faster than that. Hell, I would have been outa there so fast, my pants would still be down around my ankles and I dont care who was around to see it!:D

homelessduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never had any luck with bug bombs. It takes a LOT to kill a black widow. They are crazy.. Carb cleaner does the trick.. if you can find it.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
best ones are the little cans that you activate with some water.

I'll second that, THose smoke bombs work way better than the liquid spray bombs ;Sweet Those things are all that I have used in about the last ten years or so whenever I've needed the things. The spray type only seem to get the surface, but those water activated smoke bombs get into everything It'll chase down that spider :backoff:backoff:backoff
Made by Raid, comes in a blue and black box in a three pack.

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll second that, THose smoke bombs work way better than the liquid spray bombs ;Sweet Those things are all that I have used in about the last ten years or so whenever I've needed the things. The spray type only seem to get the surface, but those water activated smoke bombs get into everything It'll chase down that spider :backoff:backoff:backoff
Made by Raid, comes in a blue and black box in a three pack.

I forgot to mention the smoke part but I think thats what does the trick. The smoke gets into every single crevice. Just gotta make sure when your done, that you wipe everything down real good.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Yikes...you need to fly Geo out there to find it for you! I found one putting a topper on my truck in the middle of winter. A black ball fell out of the topper, I picked it up and YIKES!

I'm for location before driving too! lol

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What bugs eat black widow spiders... Maybe a wasp... Thats all I can think of... How long do these spiders live....I know they usually kill the males after ***... Kinda creepy knowing its hiding somewhere.....:eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726