Black Widow Under My Seat

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can always do something like what my dad used to do when killing black widows. Now that you know where the web is, take a small piece of grass or something and put the tip in the web. Once it's there, wiggle it around a bit, and make it act like a struggling insect. If you do it right, she'll come out of hiding to try and kill the "insect"...my dad would then take the largest screwdriver he had and splatter her all over the ground. That might not be so easy to do on carpet, though...

Or you can do like I once did and break out a can of starting fluid... -Flame Thr :rotflmao

Seriously, good luck!! The only thing I hate more than black widows are cockroaches...

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
There is no shame in fear of spiders.
X2 on the brown recluse. My wife got bit on her butt, we think in our RV. I bomb it yearly, now, with no more sightings.

slozukimc

Reaction score
Ya. that's why I love the north land. No bad spiders, snakes, I can't think of anything that will kill you, except the cold.. We don't even have much for tornadoes around here.

No doubt.........I am sitting here thinking that there is one LESS reason for me to leave upstate NY to visit CA........:eek:

Mike

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not the ones I can see that I worry about. ;Really

I'm big time alergic to them. Usually when I am bitten, I get a welt that will ooze **** for days and days and days. I usually have to squeeze it until it bleeds for a few days, then keep repeating the process. It will take 2 to 3 weeks for a spider bite to go away, and sometimes there is a scar.

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this thread is useless without pictures!
You must be registered for see images attach

YOUR WELCOME! LOL

gandalf

Reaction score
Not to worry. I've thought of two possible ways to deal with this.

Lets build on Tim's idea. Get yourself five gallons of gas and a match. Saturate the ground around and under the truck, then the cab. Touch it off and step back. If you can get it up here first we can do it at Calvin's BBQ and save him a bit of money.

Method number two would be to get the truck up here and leave it at my house for the expected lifetime of the spider. Somebody above mentioned that they live two or three years. I'll deliver it back to you after that period. Please leave the keys too. I'll deal with the spider.

We had a similar experience years ago with a bee. My wife has a deadly fear of bees, feels about the same way you do about spiders. We were driving down the road, in Greece on vacation in our old VW camper, when a bee flew in the window and up her shorts. She just about bailed out, at 50 mph. I had no idea a VW could stop so quickly. She was out the door and out of her pants in pretty quick order. That's the fastest I've ever seen a woman drop her drawers.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well... No joy today... I removed the seat and did a very close instection of everything. Several differant size mirrors but no spider....:mad: So I sprayed "things" where I found the beganings of a weg... Still nothing dropped. So I need to fog this little item and yes... I will remove the battery power... Can't see a burn down like happened to a member yeasterday. Sometimes I just gotta ask... Why me Lord.... Are you having a slow day or what....:angel:

Danoflapper

Reaction score
Ugh, I hate those friggin' things.

I've never come so close to ******* myself as when I found a Northern Widow under a david bradley hood last year.

Michigan winters don't seem so bad now. :O

Good luck!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Yea, this is why I have fire insurance....if I EVER find something poisonus in my truck, other than the mother in law...(That is going to come back to haunt me lol), I think I would burn it! I wouldn't be able to drive it again. We have no poisonus insects or reptiles here in Nova Scotia, but we do have some pretty wild critters that bite like hell!

I hope you get your spider issure worked out!!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Hey all... I'm really impressed that others can say they too are afraid of these little blackys... They are really bueatiful to look at... But thats it... I don't want them around me let alone under my seat as I'm driving down the road... I found out on the internet they are the most venemous spider in Notrh America and their venem is 15 times more deadly that a King Cobra....:eek::eek: Its just that they inject so little venom is why we don't die from a bite.... Also you wont feel the bite... Geez... things couldn't get any worse now... Well. today about an hour and a half ago I lit off the Raid smoke bomb.....:eek::eek: Boy that thing make the crewcab look like it was on fire with all the smoke it made... Scared me silly... I knew it was going to get hot... So I opened the back door just to make sure nothing was burning... PPPP...UUUU.... Stinks bad... Now I'm seeing long dead relatives everywhere.... Shouldn't have opened the door..... Note to self.... Next time use a gun.....:rotflmao

RedTruck

Reaction score
Gary,

As long as you don't resort to lighting one of those off every few hours on your long drives everything should be a-ok.

Good luck killing Charlotte.

Paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online