Black Ice sucks....

osus86diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week the ole truck met its match... hit some black ice coming over a bridge on my way to work... and had to avoid someone trying to merge on my front bumper...:mad:

I kept it out of the Jersey barriers and other cars but ending up meetin up with the guard rail in the center median...

Luckily I am okay, the truck wasn't so lucky...

Ended up tearing up the front end pretty bad. Mostly cosmetic, but some functional damage was done. Bent the frame and punctured the radiator...

If anyone has a front bumper for an '86 they are trying to get rid of at a fair price I could really use one. Going to try to keep the truck on the road through the spring and start looking for an up grade....

I hate to say it but I may have to look for a cummins...

It was a sad day for old blue... sad sad day....;Pissed

FordGuy100

Reaction score
thats truly a bummer to hear Jess. At least you made it out ok, trucks are expendable your life isnt.

I have a bumper, shipping would be expensive though. Try to see if you could find one closer, otherwise pay for the shipping and its yours. I also have all the grtill stuff, light bezels, ect for the front if you would like that. It may take some time though.

osus86diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I was pretty lucky, didn't get hurt and didn't hurt anyone else. Just a lil sad to see the ole truck tore up... I will keep looking closer to home for those things, but if I can't find anything I will be sure to let you know.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I've got an 86 F350 that can be used for parts, front suspension is shot, gasser engine is crap and C6 is a joke. atleast in that truck.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. That sounds like a scary ride to work. Good thing you're fine and noone was injured...... except the truck. Hopefully you can get it fixed soon. I'd hate to see a good 'ol '86 IDI end up on the business end of a crusher. I've been through Troy many times and I can tell you, folks can drive like Ray Charles and Helen Keller on a joy ride. Hang in there.

Heath