Black Exhaust Systems

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
magnet sticks to it just as good as it stick to the frame of the truck. i put the magnet up to my exhaust tip wich is SS and it did not even think of sticking to it. this system has an aluminized dp and i put the magnet to that and it stuck just the same as the rest of the system.

here is the system right after i took it out of the box. it just has a smooth dull finish on it.
You must be registered for see images attach

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
chevytahoe, i went back and looked at the pics of your exhaust that you put in my turbo install thread and your pipe does look different than my pipe as far as the finish. i think i got shafted on this. all the paper work i have says SS though.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
chevytahoe, i went back and looked at the pics of your exhaust that you put in my turbo install thread and your pipe does look different than my pipe as far as the finish. i think i got shafted on this. all the paper work i have says SS though.

I'd be on the horn with the company about that.

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a visible brown/blue seam running the length of the pipe? My stainless pipe has a visible seam running the entire length from the DP to the TP. I think you got shafted.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Is there a visible brown/blue seam running the length of the pipe? My stainless pipe has a visible seam running the entire length from the DP to the TP. I think you got shafted.

yes. every piece in my system has that seam on it.

i took some wd-40 and a steel wool pad and tried cleaning some of the rust. it cleaned off "fairly" easily but...................THERE IS ALREADY PITTING IN THE PIPE UNDERNEATH THE RUST. once you get the rust color cleaned off you can see and feel pitting in the pipe.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
whos exhaust is it? i just got off the phone with diamond eye about mine. my splitter pipe cracked right next to the weld on my dually. they sent a new y pipe out today, and i need to ship the original back. but they will want to know who you got it from.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
mine is a diamond eye Corey. turbo back system w/muffler. they are NOT getting the DP back if they want the system back. but then i am with out my truck until they figure out what they are going to do.

edit: i think you were asking who i bought the kit from. i got mine from discountexhaustsystems.com

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
you will need to contact them then, not diamond eye. i went backwards and called diamond eye. they corrected me. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online