BILLET ALUMINUM INJECTOR CAP PART 2

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to work for Sapa anodizing in Portland and they can make pretty much anything aluminum, if I have time tomorrow I will swing by there to see what the cost would be for a set of 8 injector caps.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got back to making a few caps again.

Russ will be getting the first dead end and 3 way caps to finish up his set of aluminum caps.

I will slowly make caps but have been working on an old bmw motorcycle and have been making parts for that recently.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk how I get in line but I want in line for a set.. I'm tired of cap leaks and will have my truck back on the road within the next month.. So just stick me on the list, I want a set whenever I can get them..

4x4falcon

Reaction score
I'd be really interested in a set of these.

However I've got a suggestion which may reduce the milling time.

Rather than mill the side hose connections mill and tap a hole in each location and then use either:

You must be registered for see images attach

for AN fittings or

for barb fittings.

You could then sell the main parts and the buyer could then option which way they want to go with the hoses.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be really interested in a set of these.

However I've got a suggestion which may reduce the milling time.

Rather than mill the side hose connections mill and tap a hole in each location and then use either:

for AN fittings or

for barb fittings.

You could then sell the main parts and the buyer could then option which way they want to go with the hoses.

Another 2 points to potentially leak with that method though.

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This keeps gnawing at the back of my head every time this thread surfaces of an easier/less expensive way to make metal caps.
I assuming there is a 4th axis involved, and I have not been able to justify the purchase of one.
They could be made in three pieces but the cap would need at least 1/4 wall thickness for press in tubes, even thicker if you went with a pipe fitting.
Sucks that aluminum is not able to be soldered or brazed easily, this would add possibilities.
There are some mini banjo fittings used on some injectors for return lines. This shows promise, but have not found a source for them.
One day there might be a light bulb that goes off, then have to find that can of ambition.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I started this project I wanted to see if I was able to make a solid aluminum cap that would not leak. At this time I am not interested in trying to make them any other way. Machine time on them is really not that long for what they are. I have not really been working on them recently, I have my hands into so many different projects I have not had time.

Sorry if I am coming off as someone that dont want suggestion or whatever

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I started this project I wanted to see if I was able to make a solid aluminum cap that would not leak. At this time I am not interested in trying to make them any other way. Machine time on them is really not that long for what they are. I have not really been working on them recently, I have my hands into so many different projects I have not had time.

Sorry if I am coming off as someone that dont want suggestion or whatever

i prefer the 1 piece operation.
deleting the chances of air intrusion is #1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online