BILLET ALUMINUM INJECTOR CAP PART 2

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I finally took some time to get some of these on my truck its been so blazing hot here in WI is just was not motivated to got side and work on it. I envy you guys down south for your rust free trucks but I will stick to the salt belt for the usually not so hot weather!

I have the 4 on the drivers side on right now, new viton o rings and some very nice Parker series 39704 super flex fuel line from TYP4 or Russ. I was planning on doing all 8 but I only had enough of the Parker fuel line to do the first 4 I had bought some fuel line from NAPA but the Parker stuff just seemed to fit much nicer so I will finish the full instal after more fuel line arrives. I will be contacting Russ soon.

Due to working on my truck in our attached garage that shares the same wall as our master bed room after my wife went to bed I will not be able to start my truck until tomorrow to see if I have any leaks. So so far all I can say is they seemed to snap on very nice.

More to come some time Sunday. I will say either way if they work or not.

JOHN

Attachments

• DSC04179.JPG
    DSC04179.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC04180.JPG
    DSC04180.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC04181.JPG
    DSC04181.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 142

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously those are very nice.....when comes to selling them...let me know I would be most pleased to take a set!

Wonder...does anodizing have issues with diesel or WVO or WMO or biodiesel?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanna buy, mine are starting to give fits again already... But i refuse to replace them again without either getting a set like this tru you or finding a shop around me that can make me a set..

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck ran for about 20 minuets Drove it around for half of that time and so far everything looks good. No leaks as of right now. After I have more drive time on them I will report back.

JOHN

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats a really sweet installation you have there. Nothing but miles driven will prove or disprove them. I'm betting they will work fine because as the injector warms up and expands so will the cap. Surely the caps "could" be made from steel too. Not just aluminum. I like the aluminum look. Polishing them will make em stand out too...;Sweet:sly

sassyrel

Reaction score
Thats a really sweet installation you have there. Nothing but miles driven will prove or disprove them. I'm betting they will work fine because as the injector warms up and expands so will the cap. Surely the caps "could" be made from steel too. Not just aluminum. I like the aluminum look. Polishing them will make em stand out too...;Sweet:sly

except that machining time would jump,,and cost..

Last edited:

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Day one of testing 90 miles of driving so far everything looks good. I will keep an eye on them if anything happens I will be sure to let everyone know.

smokinpipes

Navistar Nut
Reaction score
Random question, where might one find replacement o-rings, or do you have the size information of them so one could buy some from say mcmaster-carr?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ADV hose is on the way, smokin, ive got orings.pm me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online