BILLET ALUMINUM INJECTOR CAP PART 2

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Russ! I will be sending out a little package tomorrow for you tomorrow.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously those are very nice.....when comes to selling them...let me know I would be most pleased to take a set!

Wonder...does anodizing have issues with diesel or WVO or WMO or biodiesel?

Anodizing is very popular on fuel lines and fittings. The most popular colors are red, blue, and clear. Holds up very well to fuels and definitely provides some protection against corrosion. It suxx for tool damage, but caps don't require direct contact with tools.... just keep me or fumble fingers off of it and everything will be ok! :eek:

That said, least effective long term protection against corrosion, but for this use, would work well. Paints will begin to discolor under the heat of the engine, just like they do now. As they age, they become yellowish. Also, aluminum expands contracts more than other alloys, causes paint peel, usually starts around edges.

My thought was to polish the caps, use a dremel tool with a wire cup brush and fish scale them, then coat with either a clear or blue anodizing. The colors kind of hide the fish scales, but, when you see it in a certain light, it kind of shimmers thru the color.... too bad they're quasi-buried.... so clear is my "reality" color.

I found these today while buying pump fittings. Had several very bright anodized colors, I kind of like the green too:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got the passenger side 4 caps on just came in from the garage. I will start the truck in the morning and see if I have any leaks.

So the official start of the test starts now. My truck has 188750 miles on it and a full set of billet aluminum injector caps, new viton orings, and all new parker series 39704 super flex fuel line. It runs on a mix of WMO and kerosene I switch it over to diesel about 2 miles before I let it sit for over 8 hours. I will report back on how everything works over the next few weeks.

There is lots of questions on if and when you can buy these, what I will say right now is if they work out I will make some and sell them. But please do not rush this I want to make sure they are going to work. I am working with a few members on the forum that at this time will remain anonymous and making a few sets so they can test them out. This is going to take some time to get these going, maybe at next years rally I will have them for sale. I would really like to run them through a winter to see what they do.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm looking at a HOME powder coat kit...some eastwood kit and would think about powder coating the caps too...might be nice!

One of these kits...guy has one for sale...I'm considering purchasing it..swap two tyres and rims for his trailer!
http://www.eastwood.com/hotcoat-pow...ode=ga050085&gclid=CILC-cmmobECFQF_hwodVjvIJw

How much for a set and are you willing to sell yet or not?

I'm only speaking for myself but I would suspect that there are a lot here willing to take the plunge and swap out plastic for ALU caps in a heart beat...

Hell just about willing to offer up that ;Poke proverbial LEFT one for a set! LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome. Let's hope they work really well, and maybe after a year of testing you can feel confident that people should invest in them, and that they were worth the time and effort to make.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya i hope you decide to sell them, my trucks gonna need done agian before winter and id like a solid replacment..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So lets look just for a second or two here.... If I may ask... Why do our return line kits leak after being on our engines for a year or two. Is it a host of things like poor quality o-rings. Is it a cap that finally expands from heat and cool cycles and can't conform to the o-rings any longer. Or is it a mechanical issue. I really feel its a combination of things. I know a stuck open injector is going to allow plenty of heat back up into the hard line and injector. It has been known to burn a hole thru the plastic caps too trying to get thru the return lines. I have been running the viton o-rings from Russ and feel they are the best bet for a tight system. What are you members thinking about... Please don't get me wrong... I really want a set of these aluminum caps. I think they are up there with a turbo, Moose pump and typ4 cam. Those are the best improvements for these engines yet to be developed. I feel my timing meter rental program is a way back distant runner but nothing like what these members have done for us as a group...

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So can a set of these be bought, my drivers rear cap is starting to leak again already..

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya...enough time already....they are tested if they are not leaking! LOL I doubt the caps would fail...it's the O rings that get flattened and or just loose tension over time that would likely be more a problem.

ARE these for sale yet? IF so what is your price?

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Interested as well if the price is reasonable, mine are leaking again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online