Bids to host the 2017 OB Rally

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a good ride also, I haven't mapped the ride yet but im sure IL be going by the NJ/PA area. I would love to do a convoy to the rally.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a campground figured out for Nashville if we end up there. Big on rallies and have a rally coordinator believe it or not. Lots of sites and cabins. However, many of the sites are tiny. We'd need the longer pull through sites for our large percentage of crew cab trucks. They have an air conditioned pavilion for our use the entire week of the rally. Large pool. Putting in a new playground this fall. It is a little over a mile from the Grand Ol Opry and they have a shuttle to and from downtown Nashville.

The down side... campgrounds in Nashville are expensive. The more sites we have the cheaper the rate, but it will be close to $60-$80/day!!!

Still need some time to look at campgrounds in the Louisville area. Just from website searches of campgrounds there.... they aren't any cheaper.

Heath

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Have a campground figured out for Nashville if we end up there. Big on rallies and have a rally coordinator believe it or not. Lots of sites and cabins. However, many of the sites are tiny. We'd need the longer pull through sites for our large percentage of crew cab trucks. They have an air conditioned pavilion for our use the entire week of the rally. Large pool. Putting in a new playground this fall. It is a little over a mile from the Grand Ol Opry and they have a shuttle to and from downtown Nashville.

The down side... campgrounds in Nashville are expensive. The more sites we have the cheaper the rate, but it will be close to $60-$80/day!!!

Still need some time to look at campgrounds in the Louisville area. Just from website searches of campgrounds there.... they aren't any cheaper.

Heath
That sounds great, Heath. I'd definitely be down for that description. Thanks for the early efforts.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to make another rally! The last one I attended for the entire duration was Heaths in KY..... dont seem like it was THAT long ago! I'm seing a job change on the horizon so I wont have any vacation time next July but maybe I can work it out.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that sounds good heath. I would like to go to Louisville just because its closer but Nashville sounds like fun too. most of the music I listen to the singers played at the grand ol opri so I would like to go and see that area also.

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm game for either one, depends when your hosting it. I believe my wife has picked a trip for us to go to Utah in July but It maybe a solo trip for her? I'll know more when time gets closer.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have family moving to taylorsville KY very soon. A rally in the Louisville area might work well for us. Either way, I might be able to go, but Louisville would probably be a shoe in. Thanks Heath for all the work that will go into this.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
For us Louisville would work better but plan on coming either way. Will be watching for updates. Thanks for your work on this already Heath!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I'd love to make another rally! The last one I attended for the entire duration was Heaths in KY..... dont seem like it was THAT long ago! I'm seing a job change on the horizon so I wont have any vacation time next July but maybe I can work it out.

Good to hear from you Steve! We are having our Fall Rally this year if you can make it up into Michigan. Here is the FB page for it, Its also on the events forum,.

https://www.facebook.com/events/116...=event_mall_comment&notif_id=1470620339117299

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will put up a poll to see where folks would rather spend the week. But, I'd really like to scout out campgrounds near Louisville before doing the poll. Problem is time. Just really busy month and less time off than I'd like.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sort of....

Did a recon of the South Louisville campgrounds...... It was disappointing unfortunately. The one that I thought would be "The One" is ran by a bunch of clowns. When they say things like, "we don't do that here," "we can't make any promises," "we'll try, but no guaranties".......... I calmly explained that I need promises, and guaranties and they would not be the campground we'd be using. LOL

I did visit a smaller campground that has larger sites, pool, cabins, and the like, but still waiting for the owner to call me and answer all my must have questions.

If they can't meet the requirements of what we need for a rally, looks like Nashville will win by default.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online