Bids to host the 2017 OB Rally

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the end of this year's rally, I offered to host in 2017. However, if there is someone who wants to host and was unable to attend this year, now's the time to throw in your hat.

To host, you need to be a member of OB and have been to a rally before.

If we have others wanting to host, we will put up a poll and see where we end up in the summer of 2017.

I was planning on hosting the rally just south of Louisville, KY. However, some showed interest in Nashville. Nashville is closer for me, but will add 3 hours of driving for anyone coming North of KY. If I'm the wagon master for next year's event, I will make a poll for folks to vote for Louisville or Nashville.

Heath

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Kentucky would be perfect for me. I'm holding out to be able to attend this next one and the old lady is giving the green light assuming she can get a friend to accompany us. All depends on finances. Truck sales are softening up again...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would like to attend this one.
but 3 hours isnt going to make a difference to me lol

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Where you are, it's probably way less of a difference than 3 hours. Lol
I have no opinion. Never been to either. But Nashville would probably get me in trouble. I'd spend too much time there. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
It didn't stop Gary or Calvin for making the run. Heck I fed Calvin to the mosquitoes. LOL

Ron I'd like to say you were the ONLY real reason I drove to the Sutton 2009 rally....:eek::sly

But that just wouldn't be fair to all the others that attended to make it a rally. Although the fireside stories were a treat too. I guess its easier to say.. Untill you attend a rally you just have no idea what you have been missing. I drove from the west coast where I can see the ocean from my home to Kentucky for the rally. My rig ran great and I averaged 18.9 mpg driving 75 to 85 mph across the country in double overdrive most of the way. The GV and E4OD final drive ratio was 1.96 as per GV own information. At those speeds all I hear is a slight engine sound and air rushing past the cab....

Attachments

• DSC00194.jpg
    DSC00194.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00195.jpg
    DSC00195.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 22

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
What's a couple more hrs, you are down in the flat area of the state so it's not like it is 3 more hrs of the Appalachian Mountain range LOL

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if i can swing it, ill be there...
its not the distance, its the time off work.

Where you are, it's probably way less of a difference than 3 hours. Lol
I have no opinion. Never been to either. But Nashville would probably get me in trouble. I'd spend too much time there. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

all the way in middle commiefornia. yea the only difference 3 hours will make is 1 more bathroom break lol

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have mentioned either Louisville or Nashville to a few of my friends and they showed some interest in both. maybe I wont have to drive alone this year.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's a couple more hrs, you are down in the flat area of the state so it's not like it is 3 more hrs of the Appalachian Mountain range LOL

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Once you get past E-town hill (Just before Elizabethtown, KY, I-65 south), the towing is pretty easy. Not as easy as Ohio/Indiana, but not too bad. I-71 between Cincinnati and Louisville is a one hill after another though. It may be nice to stop after running that 100 mile gauntlet of non-stop hills and then dealing with Louisville traffic. LOL

Heath