BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain T/A opinions

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which tires were you referring to? And of course, most tire techs at shops just fill it to the sidewall psi. And then when reading reviews, you have to take into account the person's driving habits/experience in the conditions they are judging it on. If anyone from my town gave a review on tires in the snow, i'd have to ignore it :p

The wider the tire, the less air pressure it needs.

"these days" with TPMS sensors, the tire shop would be asking for trouble if they ignored the door sticker.

Unfortunately.

warhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wider the tire, the less air pressure it needs. .

??? I don't get it. I didn't ask anything about that. I was wondering what tires you were talking about when you said "i spoke to customers who said their tires were the worst." Were you talking a specific tire or just in general?

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which tires were you referring to? And of course, most tire techs at shops just fill it to the sidewall psi. And then when reading reviews, you have to take into account the person's driving habits/experience in the conditions they are judging it on. If anyone from my town gave a review on tires in the snow, i'd have to ignore it :p

??? I don't get it. I didn't ask anything about that. I was wondering what tires you were talking about when you said "i spoke to customers who said their tires were the worst." Were you talking a specific tire or just in general?

In General. Some people will put on a much wider tire then want to keep the air pressure the same cookoo

Like going from a 235/75R15 to a 33x12.50R15. You gave to take down the air pressure.

Black dawg

Reaction score
In General. Some people will put on a much wider tire then want to keep the air pressure the same cookoo

Like going from a 235/75R15 to a 33x12.50R15. You gave to take down the air pressure.

I am sure you already know this, but it is about the volume of air, not just the width

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I am sure you already know this, but it is about the volume of air, not just the width

Low pros normally tank more air pressure ;Sweet

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put on a set of the GY Duratracs this past fall... and right now I'm in the middle of a true Canadian winter. lol I don't even know how deep the snow is now, but the tires seem to work just great in the snow. I have found that the rear wheels will lock up if the road is a bit wet and you hit the brakes a bit harder, but heh, thats to be expected with no weight in the bed.

I took my IDI into the bush last week in axle deep (and in some places deeper) snow. And the ground in there is nowhere close to level, so its a decent challenge. Had no problems with it.

Also I strongly agree that nothing beats dedicated ice/snow winter tires! I would not want to be caught dead with anything less in the winters we get here, especially considering the snow plows seem to have been slacking off the last couple years!

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the slipped belt isn't on the bottom, I can just run my hand around the tire. Or put it on a balancer and rotate it slowly. You'll see the tire rise and fall normally on the inside. If it's on the front, the steering wheel will move slightly left or right then straighten out as the slipped belt makes contact with the road. You could also have a bent rim. I have at least 3 of them on my dually. Vibrates at 70, but rides smooth at 55.

I'm looking for good aftermarket dually wheels. I'll probably replace the fronts in the Spring, the work on the remaining four at the next rotation.

Thanks for the info. No steering wheel motion, on a sufficienly long and straight piece of road, I can let go of completely and truck will go almost a mile on its own. Could indeed be a bent wheel.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. No steering wheel motion, on a sufficienly long and straight piece of road, I can let go of completely and truck will go almost a mile on its own. Could indeed be a bent wheel.

I wish you the best of luck trying to find a tire dealer that has the knowledge or cares enough to find your bent wheel.

Could also be something loose or worn in the front end.