Better ride out of the rear suspension

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprised no one brought up the rear air bag setup off an ambulance.
A little farther than I want to go, but a good option for others.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when i get in my f450 with it's custom extended wheel base it's like riding in a caddy compared to the short wheel based f250 4wd w/ drw convert.
it lets me know iv got to fix the rear leafs.i only added one main but iv got too many overloads so they sit right on the aux brackets full time.it hauls a load perfect as she doesn't even sag when loaded which is important with the TTB and tire ware for hauling all the time,but iv got to re-arch the aux springs,remove a leaf,or move their brackets up a bit so i can at least let the mains spring an 1" or so.i bet that will make all the difference.it's pretty bad when an f450 rides like a caddy in comparison lol.

it kinda make me wonder just how much it costs to have a truck extended like they did to log truck.i wouldn't mind having the 250 stretched out back a couple feet.adding to the dump bed wouldn't be too hard after.a bit longer wb and 12' bed wouldn't hurt my feelings any.really is amazing how much the longer wb improves ride quality.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
i've driven a buddy's F450 wrecker and it's a night and day difference. wished I done this years ago to mime.

These shackles just moved to the top of my todo list. I've been working on making the van ride smother, new engine mounts, tranny mount, body mounts, and now these. Can't wait to see how they ride.

All the reviews I can find on them say they work great. The only bad thing i've read is if you have a jacked up truck with non stock springs, don't have any of that so hopefully all good.