Best rebuild kit for a 7.3

DeeseSR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With getting the engine from Towcat I need to know who makes a really good rebuild kit for a 7.3 and a good machine shop in Ca that I can take the block and heads to. Thanks.

ramon f350

Reaction score
I would think that you would probably be able to get a very good rebuild kit from your local international dealer cant offer any advice on the machine shops

Ramon

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
I had checked on a master kit from the local Napa shop and was $1900.00
That inluded the pistons also. If'n I remember they were pretty salty. :puke:
Figured by time I got the block bored and resleeved and prepped, heads gone thru, there was gonna be close to another $1000.00 to $1200.00 in machine work. I did the math and just found a donor motor and took a chance. But would do it If I had to down the road. ;Sweet

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I agree with you on the price matter Ron, now, if I ever get the chance to put my hands on a rebuildable 7.3 I do it not thinking twice. I would get an engine where everything is taken care of with the higher standards I can give. Obviously not a Jasper :puke: -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss :mad: ;Pissed

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I know Ken at dps have this ceramic coated pistons, can the ones on the kit have that done after buying it or does ken only sale the ones he have already with him? Would be cool to have those, they seem to take temp much better.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
DeeseSR said:
With getting the engine from Towcat I need to know who makes a really good rebuild kit for a 7.3 and a good machine shop in Ca that I can take the block and heads to. Thanks.

I wouldn't go with any "Kit".The few I saw had mediocre quality stuff(Sealed power,strange brand of gaskets,Cast pistons,etc).Buy all the stuff separate.Mahle Pistons,Clevite bearings,Clevite Rockers,Clevite push rods,Clevite Lifters,Clevite Rocker bolts,Felpro gasket kits,etc.For about the same price as the mid grade kits you can get the Highquality parts if you shop around.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a good machine shop here in San Clemente. Bob Smalls Machine Shop is the name. I have had them do some machine work for my Jeep and a few other friends Jeep stuff, rotors, heads, stuff like that. Pretty knowledgeable about the IDI's, but can't back him on them, since I have not had him do anything for my truck. Anyhow, give him a call.. Scotty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svttim

Members online