Best injectors for 1993 7.3 Idi non turbo

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biggest thing with injectors is making sure they all pop at the same pressures. If not, then each cylinder will be running different timing, meaning, the fuel will be injected at different times in the Pistons travel. Not good.

Timing is very important to the way these engines run. It can make a big difference in EGTs and power. So, naturally, you want all the cylinders firing off at the same timing. That is why a pop matched set is so important.

Conestoga diesel injection has a great product line, as well as a member here Typ4. Either of these great guys can get you set up with what you need.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Contact Justin at IDI performance or Mel at Conestoga diesel or Russ Typ4 here ...

IMO best 3 places to get injectors and so forth

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I plan to order my pump and injectors from R&D great prices and top of line service.

Bowhunter301

Reaction score
awesome thanks guys! I need to replace one or more injectors and figured I should replace them all and spend a little more and get something better than OEM and replace them all. especially since the truck is "sick" I have the wifes blessing at the moment lol

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Don't forget a New return line kit Type4 has the best price conestoga is on the higher end.

Bowhunter301

Reaction score
I just did a return line kit over the weekend to fix my starting issues are the caps good for another go around or should I replace them? I would imagine at least new orings

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In my experience, once the caps are jacked with, count on them leaking. All these vendors can sell you a good dipaco kit that will also come with new copper washers for the injectors. Just plan on budgeting in for,another return line kit. These vendors will be cheaper than what you can buy at the parts store too.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bb ' s were the go to,,, getting hard to come by, mel is making his own russ is building an inventory, justin is another good source.
Delphi quit us dino's!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
You might be able to reuse the lines and caps but I sure would replace the o rings. Trying to remove them is a mess and easy to damage them. See Mel or Russ for the Viton o rings. They will last you much longer than what comes in any return line kit.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did a return line kit over the weekend to fix my starting issues are the caps good for another go around or should I replace them? I would imagine at least new orings

You might be able to reuse the lines and caps but I sure would replace the o rings. Trying to remove them is a mess and easy to damage them. See Mel or Russ for the Viton o rings. They will last you much longer than what comes in any return line kit.

I see no reason you can't use the just replaced return line kit. As ican said just use new o'rings, they take a set from heat and should be replaced anytime a cap is removed.