Best Grease?

tbryanh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the best grease to use for king pins, U-joints, wheel bearings, etc.?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the best grease?
wow.well i dunno about brand,but without even researching,id have to guess some type of marine synthetic for sure.likely any brand will do ya.
like always, it's the good maintenance that matters more than brand name.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with a good brand an I like to use marine grease cause it doesn't wash off nearly as fast as other grease and I'm pretty sure that high temp grease on the wheel bearings I mix the two an it works good for me

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Like the other members said, most brands will work ok what matters most is that You do it regularly. I like to use Lucas grease or valvoline and I do it every time I change the oil.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
After going through mud, water, dirt, sand and driving hundreds of miles on the street the only grease I use in wheelbearings, u joints, ball joints and anything else that needs to be greased is lucas red and tacky.I've tried high quality marine grease...i'd swear that crap absorbed water and dirt like a sponge, it didn't last half as long as red and tacky does.when I grease the u joints and tie rods the grease coming out is always still red.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the best grease to use for king pins, U-joints, wheel bearings, etc.?

For the last 30-plus years, I have always insisted on Kendall L-427 Super-Blu, available in gun-tubes and plastic tubs of various sizes.

I will use NOTHING ELSE.

In heavily off-roaded 4x4 hubs, with questionable seals and even missing seals, even after several years, the grease is always still blue and quite clean looking.

Just about every other highly acclaimed grease I have ever used will be all brown and rusty-looking in short order.

That's just my opinion; y'all are free to use whatever you wish. :)

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Lucas Red and Tacky in everything from trucks and cars, tractors and farm equipment, bulldozer and backhoe, and all kinds of logging equipment over the years. When greasing things the old grease coming out almost always looks and red as the new going in. IMO one of the best out there.

w4dsb

Reaction score
what ever brand you choose make dang sure it is a EP grease - Extreme pressure or the oil will squeeze out of the base thickener and all you will have is a gooey sludge without the oil to lube it

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
The best grease if you ask me, is regularly greased :D

I grease everything greaseble on my trucks every single oil change (3k miles).

peach grower

Reaction score
I'm a mech in a class 8 truck shop. We haul poles (telephone and high line). We grease every 15000 miles. This is a wet service so oil and filters also. Try to get king pins half way between. We use mystik synthetic grease. The grease does a great job staying with its carrier. A good way to judge grease is how long it will stay tacky...or in its carrier and not turn to oil under pressure and in heat. Oil in the grease does the lubricating...its in a carrier that gives it the tackiness to stick.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I prefer to use the Amsoil series 3000 racing grease but if I m in a jam I'll use Lucas, its pretty good stuff in high load conditions

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use John Deere brand, dunno who makes it, but if its good enough for JD its good enough for me. For wheel bearings dont use regular grease as mentioned, get the high pressure or specifically bearing grease. Dunno what brand it is but our tub of bearing grease is red, and veerrry tacky, cant get that crap off your fingers with a pound of soap and a dozen rags.

sassyrel

Reaction score
I would go with a good brand an I like to use marine grease cause it doesn't wash off nearly as fast as other grease and I'm pretty sure that high temp grease on the wheel bearings I mix the two an it works good for me

devon. im not the only one,,that has asked you nicely,,to use commas,periods,something to divide your one piece sentences..you have been asked nicely,,yet spitefully,,you just keep right on doing it,,and you arent unintelligent,,or you wouldnt be typing..the rest of us on this site,,arent in your mind,,so we dont know,,without the accompanying sentence structure,,where you start and end your thought...now be sure,,like before,,to give me some smartazzz retort..instead of just doing it..

sassyrel

Reaction score
We use John Deere brand, dunno who makes it, but if its good enough for JD its good enough for me. For wheel bearings dont use regular grease as mentioned, get the high pressure or specifically bearing grease. Dunno what brand it is but our tub of bearing grease is red, and veerrry tacky, cant get that crap off your fingers with a pound of soap and a dozen rags.

STEAM!!!! :D:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online