Best glue for plastic molding repair?

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I have a few pieces of my interior plastic molding that need to be glued due to cracking. What's the best glue? I've used JBWeld in the past with so-so results (it's color matches my grey interior ;Sweet ). I was thinking that an A&B epoxy resin might work well.

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
3m trim adhesive in the little black tube.... make sure you have it where you want it when it cures

if you need the part number let me know

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
you can get it at auto zone, the part number is 3601... here is a pic

i have used this stuff on emblems, interior trim... and i even broke the bezel off the front of the headlight switch in my superduty and in a last ditch effort not to give ford my first born i glued it back together with this stuff... that was about a year ago and it is still holding tight

its not real tacky when you first squirt it so i would get some masking tape to hold the trim on for a few hours untill it cures, then if your trim falls off... i don't know what to tell you cause this stuff means business

oh and clean the parts with alcohol before you stick it

Attachments

• mmm3601003.jpg
    mmm3601003.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 12

sassyrel

Reaction score
ive also used crazy glue--but clean with alcohol as stated--and have to hold for a while--cracked a molding in the 96--still holding thru the winter and 6 mos of bouncing!!!!

TheWolf

Reaction score
Could also check for gorilla glue, check bottle first to make sure it is applicable with what you intend to use it for.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
TheWolf said:
Could also check for gorilla glue, check bottle first to make sure it is applicable with what you intend to use it for.

That's what I finally used. It worked great.

You must be registered for see images

mikesuperduty1

Reaction score
plastic weld 2 part epoxy get it at walmart,autozone,discount auto parts, sets up in minutes and is sandable if needed, but whatever you weld together be sure that its where it needs to be. usually costs about $4.50 get stuff

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have successfully used hot glue to reattach the F/R tank switch on my 1994 when it 'fell into' the dash. It also reattached a few of the clips/studs that retain the top of the dash panel. Saved me mucho $$....and time!