Best electric lift pump options?

DarkwingDork

Reaction score

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
If you go to the e-bay page, you will find a few knock off pumps. I have a procomp pump version of the pump. It flows plenty of fuel so far. I think it may be leaking/seaping from the lower gasket but I am not sure. Either way, you get what you pay for so I think I can deal with a little seapage for $75+ bux.

SWS

nappy nate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An inexpensive alternative is the Airtex. The E8012S is what I use on my Mercedes and is $30.99 at AutoZone. Don't really know the specs for your trucks but the link shows all model's ratings.

I agree with hheynow E8012S is what I am using for the past 20k. @ $30.99 I just carry a spare but have never used it.
nate

nappy nate

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use an Oreilly's version of the Airtex unit on both of my trucks and it has never given me any trouble. I went through 4 of those mr. gasket fuel pumps till I went to the airtex unit.

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Yeah....when it got cold, I had to swap pumps out. Then, I realized there was no flow and the pumps have a problem pumping oil below 40ish degrees.

SWS

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do you guys think that with the Carrier/Facet duralift pump, you need a pressure regulator? I'm running the truck with this, I just assumed the pressure range was what we needed since others have used them and have had good luck as long as they use diesel and not a fuel cocktail. I know that higher pressure than 9 and lower than 4 can effect the timing. I haven't checked the timing since I put the carrier pump on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle